Amazon Instant video on JB

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone running Jelly Bean able to watch amazon prime videos on it? I've heard JB gets rid of flash altogether, and right now to watch AIV I go to the browser, so I think its flash based. Does this mean if I root and go JB early that I will lose the ability to watch prime videos?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've heard amazon vids are flash based so, yes that would be an issue. To be clear tho.. Adobe pulled the plug on more flash development, notsomuch Google.

There are workarounds.. You can sideload or flash a zip of flash player then you just need to use a browser that supports it, like the stock one instead of chrome. However it won't be error proof and won't be officially supported, so don't expect it to work 100% or forever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I wish someone could've been able to get the official AIV app from the Kindle Fire to work on phones/ tablets/ etc. For the brief time I used a Kindle Fire, that was a neat little app.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
That's a pretty big bummer for me. I was thinking I would finally root my first phone..mostly to check out Google Now. But I use AIV so often I just don't think I wanna do it anymore. I guess eventually I'll have to make the jump when the OTA comes.
So that means no AIV on the nexus 7 either?
Thanks for the info guys

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The way I do it on my Tbolt is pretty simple and uses the actual kindle app.
Get the kindle amazon instant video apk. Install and restart your phone. It won't work if it detecta root so you must unroot every time.
I use the Voodoo OTA rootkeeper app from the market. Once installed you just push one button for temp unroot load AIV app sign in with prime account and select video, then you can watch the movie.
You can hit the same button to gain root again anytime you want.
It is easy, I'll try to find the original thread where I read how to do this this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The way I do it on my Tbolt is pretty simple and uses the actual kindle app.
Get the kindle amazon instant video apk. Install and restart your phone. It won't work if it detecta root so you must unroot every time.
I use the Voodoo OTA rootkeeper app from the market. Once installed you just push one button for temp unroot load AIV app sign in with prime account and select video, then you can watch the movie.
You can hit the same button to gain root again anytime you want.
It is easy, I'll try to find the original thread where I read how to do this this.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

That would be great! Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol