Anybody having issues with news and weather widget?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Cool I'm glad it just not me.....I miss that damn thing though...its always the first thing I look at in the morning for a quick overview of what's going on in the world.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
me too, started only with custom location, now auto location is not working, news isn't loading either.

really pissed

PRyan0417

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been this issue for a few days on my G2x. I was afraid it was because of one of my tinkerings. Rooted recently. That's when I started noticing that the News and Weather app could no longer connect to the server, even though every single one of my other apps was accessing the internet just fine. Guess they're not related.

Sucks, though. I loved the widget. Anyone got any recommendations for what to use in the mean time? I want an app that will have a widget that's the same size as the News and Weather widget.

bxdennis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It expanded from just weather saying inability to find location to neither news or weather working at all. I use the widget a lot and hoped that it wasn't my phone. This is my first time using this forum. Does Google provide any information when android is the problem or do we just wait and hope? Or find an alternative? I'm using weather.com but haven't found a useful equivalent News widget.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Works on cell data (LTE & 3G) and the WiFi at my girlfriend's place, does not work on my home WiFi. She has at&t uverse, I've got Time Warner.

This is probably some weird server issue. Currents was not syncing right the other day, so Google could be switching stuff around on their end.

bxdennis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
The problem has cleared for News but not entirely for Weather. If I input my zip code or city, state info to "Set My Location", it tells me it could not find the location (the same that previously worked). However, if I use the Weather Setting to "Use My Location" it does work in conjunction with my Location Setting "Use Wireless Networks".

I previously preferred to keep Location information settings Off, so I would still like to be able to Set My Location for Weather eventually.

Druskey

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The problem has cleared for News but not entirely for Weather. If I input my zip code or city, state info to "Set My Location", it tells me it could not find the location (the same that previously worked). However, if I use the Weather Setting to "Use My Location" it does work in conjunction with my Location Setting "Use Wireless Networks".

I previously preferred to keep Location information settings Off, so I would still like to be able to Set My Location for Weather eventually.

I was having this exact same problem, and had pretty much given up.

Then it started working again just the other day for some odd reason. Still don't know what caused the problem, but that's OK because it's working again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn