USB Debugging Without Screen

bbricker09

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So I managed to crack my screen on my GN and it was rooted with Jellybean. It was insured so I was sent a replacement, but my problem is sending back the old one seeing as the bootloader is still unlocked. I used Wugs Root Toolkit to flash it back to stock and unroot it but in order to lock the bootloader I need to turn USB Debugging on but I have no control over the screen. Any suggestions?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If your claim is for physical damage does it matter?
If you can't use the screen they can't either so they'll likely just toss it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bbricker09

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what I'm thinking but I'd rather be safe than sorry if they decide to fix the screen and find an unlocked bootloader. Oh well I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Even with USB debugging not checked on?

Yeah. You should be able to flash stock images through fastboot using adb. No need for USB debugging. Wugs tool kit should even be able to do it. Use the "can't boot up" option under "Flash Stock and Unroot". It will boot the phone directly into fastboot, and flash it back to stock.

bbricker09

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. You should be able to flash stock images through fastboot using adb. No need for USB debugging. Wugs tool kit should even be able to do it. Use the "can't boot up" option under "Flash Stock and Unroot". It will boot the phone directly into fastboot, and flash it back to stock.

I did flash it back to stock and unroot but after that it goes to the like activation screen upon bootup I'm assuming and USB Debugging isn't defaulted on. I tried using Wugs toolkit to lock the bootloader but it won't identify the device and I have to option that says "can't boot up".

clicq0

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to boot into fastboot -- from off, while holding down volume up and down at the same time, hold the power button down until you feel/feel the phone vibrate.

You'll be in fastboot at this point. You can either use the command line on the PC and do "fastboot oem lock", or maybe wugs toolkit would work (I use the command line myself).

bbricker09

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Alright I believe that did it. I can't see the screen but the command line did what it should so hopefully its locked. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Joe Jones7

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Throw them over here. As many as you got. ADB on a USB Debugging ACTIVE phone will bring the screen right to your PC by using Android Screen...:-$