Does anyone use the 3800 mAh battery?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm seriously considering purchasing the 3800 mAh battery they sell here (I'm a very heavy user). I have the extended life battery through Verizon, but it's not much more mAh than stock. I was curious if anyone had positive or negative feedback regarding their experience with the 3800 mAh battery.

Thanks!

mnagy48

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering purchasing the 3800 mAh battery they sell here (I'm a very heavy user). I have the extended life battery through Verizon, but it's not much more mAh than stock. I was curious if anyone had positive or negative feedback regarding their experience with the 3800 mAh battery.

Thanks!

The Seidio 3800mAh battery is what i have. Got it with the holster combination. I love it. I get up at 0445 (eww) and usually get home around 2100 and after a full day use i usually have around 30% left after a nice day of use.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The Seidio 3800mAh battery is what i have. Got it with the holster combination. I love it. I get up at 0445 (eww) and usually get home around 2100 and after a full day use i usually have around 30% left after a nice day of use.
Thanks for the feedback. I too get up around 0400 hrs and use my phone heavily for the following 9 hours. However I need to intermittently charge it or it will go dead.

dmedesha

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm also using the Seidio 3800mAh battery. It does last a full day-and-a-half, but I do leave it on a charger overnight.

Keep in mind the back almost doubles the thickness of the phone, so your options for a case are limited. I'm using an old Blackberry case with the belt clip broken off. The holster combination is probably a good choice.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I use the combo seido 3800 battery/holster. I like the life, but have noticed some days are better than others. unplugged @ 430a and once in a while Ill have to plug in car charger to make it home to be safe. don't understand why this phone drains so badly.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have one, but I only use it on days that I know I'll not have access to a charger. Like heading to the state park with kids or something.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Another option would be to buy something like this:

3X New 1980mAh Battery + Charger For Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 CDMA | eBay

That way you can charge a battery while using your phone. I purchased this same item, and I don't think the batteries are as good as stock, they seem to last me about just as long (which isn't long at all)...

That way you don't have to add so much extra bulk to your phone, you can just carry an extra battery in your pocket. I leave a charged on in the car as well... but I don't know how bad the heat is for it.

Reactions: defdc

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Another option would be to buy something like this:

3X New 1980mAh Battery + Charger For Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515 CDMA | eBay

That way you can charge a battery while using your phone. I purchased this same item, and I don't think the batteries are as good as stock, they seem to last me about just as long (which isn't long at all)...

That way you don't have to add so much extra bulk to your phone, you can just carry an extra battery in your pocket. I leave a charged on in the car as well... but I don't know how bad the heat is for it.

Wow! I've bought plenty of spare batteries for my last few phones. I can't believe I never tried replacing the battery while plugged in. (So you don' have to restart your phone.) Thanks for posting this! :)

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think you misread, he said charge a battery while using your phone, not Change the battery while using your phone...

You are correct. I haven't tried changing the battery while it's plugged in.. but it might work.. I don't know if there is any danger to the phone though.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
my buddy bought one of these and his battery life was only on par with my official extended. It may be better now, just know it may take some time to break in

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

3dollyday

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just saw a 4000mAh Extend Battery + Case Cover on ebay. Can you get a battery charger that you can charge an extra battery in the car?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So after 24 hours, the battery doesn't last much longer than my 2200 mAh and the door cover sucks! It pops off continuously! I think I might return it. Not sure yet. It does give me some added juice, albeit not much, and the door needs to be re-popped on 5 or 6 times a day. It was $25 online so I can't complain too much.

dkyork

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have it too. I now get 20 hours plus with 4 hours talk time. Use wireless whenever you can. It took 5 charge cycles to break in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

killroy420

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Why buy an extended battery and make the phone look hideous with that bulky back door case? I find it much easier to just carry a second stock battery in my wallet. The stock battery easily carries me to 4-7 pm ( depending on my use). With another full charge there is no way I'm running out before bedtime (unless I'm playing nonstop Where's my Water...).

I tried to think of something witty, but this is all I could come up with.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Put my 3800 in this morning. Am at 33% left and have used 4hr 43min screen time. Generally only use it when I am traveling and will not be able to charge for a while. I get 2-3 hrs screen routinely on stock battery. Leave screen on at 50% most of the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm