Syncing Picasa with my Gallery - I need help

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've searched a bunch of threads, and nothing has helped. Most threads are how to remove it.

I'm on jellybean if that makes a difference, I never had it sync'd with ICS.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're asking how to sync Picasa to your phone, go to settings>accounts and sync and check sync Picasa Web albums.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If you're asking how to sync Picasa to your phone, go to settings>accounts and sync and check sync Picasa Web albums.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have that option though. I have Facebook, Google and Add Account. When I click add account, I get "Corporate, Email, Facebook, Google"... My account is already sync'd with my G-Mail...

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Isn't your Picasa account same as your Gmail account?

I'm not running JB but shouldn't be any different. When you go to account and sync, isn't your Gmail account listed?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Isn't your Picasa account same as your Gmail account?

I'm not running JB but shouldn't be any different. When you go to account and sync, isn't your Gmail account listed?

Yes, I got to "Setting -> Accounts -> Google" and I click that.. These are my options:

Maps and Latitude
Search

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So when you go to settings>accounts and sync then click your Google account listed there, you don't see things like sync calendar, sync contacts, sync gmail, etc?

I don't know, maybe it's something to do with the jb rom you are running.

Normally when you first sign onto the phone with a Google account, it syncs Picasa Web albums by default, which is why there are a the threads about removing it.

Sorry couldn't help.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If you're running Jelly Belly 4.0 to 5.0 (5.1 may also have the problem), it's the Gallery app. You'll have to replace it with a previous version. Will have to look up the app, but I think it's called GalleryGoogle.apk and use it to replace Gallery2.apk in system/media.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So when you go to settings>accounts and sync then click your Google account listed there, you don't see things like sync calendar, sync contacts, sync gmail, etc?

I don't know, maybe it's something to do with the jb rom you are running.

Normally when you first sign onto the phone with a Google account, it syncs Picasa Web albums by default, which is why there are a the threads about removing it.

Sorry couldn't help.

Yes, I have everything sync'd.. There is no Picasa, but there is Google Photos.. and that is sync'd as well.

I'm going to try and find the other gallery app like the poster above me suggested.

Thanks for all your help! :)

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If you're running Jelly Belly 4.0 to 5.0 (5.1 may also have the problem), it's the Gallery app. You'll have to replace it with a previous version. Will have to look up the app, but I think it's called GalleryGoogle.apk and use it to replace Gallery2.apk in system/media.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Hey it worked!! Thank you!

Someone made a flashable zip that replaces it for you!

I found it here on the third post down:

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos WiFi Nightlies (Wingray/MZ604) - Page 167 - xda-developers

Edit: Haha.. Just noticed my camera is now missing.. It's ok.. I just downloaded "Camera ICS"

Last edited:

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey it worked!! Thank you!

Someone made a flashable zip that replaces it for you!

I found it here on the third post down:

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos WiFi Nightlies (Wingray/MZ604) - Page 167 - xda-developers

Edit: Haha.. Just noticed my camera is now missing.. It's ok.. I just downloaded "Camera ICS"

Cool, glad that worked. I had to do the same thing, although I just replaced the app so I still had the camera. Many of the newer ROMs are having the issue. I had read something about how Google is doing something with the camera and gallery apps that has caused the mess. Hopefully it'll get worked out and we don't have to revert back some of the apps to keep the photo sync working.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had no idea it was going to remove my camera. I was planning on replacing the app, but I actually found that file first..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae