Newest version Google wallet?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in Rooting (as many of you know I usually provide Google Wallet apks for you) so I'm just pasting it here to answer any questions:

I believe if you're on a Jellybean ROM already the Play Store lets you get it, I was able to earlier this afternoon.

For those asking I will provide an apk this evening when I get home from work, and create a new thread because I don't like this one anymore lol.

Of course if anyone beats me to it and wants to post it up here you are more than welcome to! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

btrfly0823

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
And friend rooted my phone for me and put on... CM10? I think it's jelly bean but I can't find it on my phone or on the computer. I searched for wallet, Google wallet, wallet Google, nothing. So frustrating.

btrfly0823

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Why in the world can I not even SEE the app in the store on my phone or computer? Even if I go to Google's apps page and scroll through everything it still doesn't show.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
open the My Apps tab in the playstore from your phone. Swift finger left and the screen to the right will show up showing ALL apps. Scroll thru this list and find google wallet, it will let you update from there. Mine was wayyyyyyy at the damn bottom lol

I think the reason we cant see it is because its an app Verizon didnt want to have us GNEX users have and blocked it from the store. With yesterdays ruling against them for doing just that, maybe it will appear soon :D

Reactions: SgtMijo

grumblebunny

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a rooted and unlocked Verizon Galaxy Nexus but I am new to this. How do I get the version of Google Wallet that just came out, that allows for Visa and Mastercard to be added?

You can't just download the app, you have to find the right apk for your carrier from a reliable source, then install it that way. At least that is how I did it when I initially installed it. However, I'd like to upgrade, from the old version to the new version that allows any card.

Anyone have any linkage for a how to on how to upgrade a previous wallet install on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You can't just download the app, you have to find the right apk for your carrier from a reliable source, then install it that way. At least that is how I did it when I initially installed it. However, I'd like to upgrade, from the old version to the new version that allows any card.

Anyone have any linkage for a how to on how to upgrade a previous wallet install on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus?

I've addressed how to upgrade, etc in my Wallet threads (you can find one toward the top in the Rooting section right now).

The apk is carrier independent tho, fyi.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
open the My Apps tab in the playstore from your phone. Swift finger left and the screen to the right will show up showing ALL apps. Scroll thru this list and find google wallet, it will let you update from there. Mine was wayyyyyyy at the damn bottom lol

I think the reason we cant see it is because its an app Verizon didnt want to have us GNEX users have and blocked it from the store. With yesterdays ruling against them for doing just that, maybe it will appear soon :D

Mine is not there at all. My guess is that this is because it was sideloaded, not installed from the Play store originally. I can never find it in the Play store, either on the web or on the phone app.

I have sideloaded the app linked above, and it showed my Mastercard from my Google Account and I was able to enter all the data, etc. But, it is still showing as an "unsupported device on the top. Will it still work?

Edit: I was able to get to the page on the web Play store via a link, and it is says it is "installed" and shows compatible with my Nexus, but when I go to "install", all the phone choices are greyed out. I went to delete the app on the phone to install it fresh and it only gives the option to uninstall the updates. I may just leave it alone since it has my card added, which is all I wanted, and I can live with a little bar on top saying it is not compatible as long as it works.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not there at all. My guess is that this is because it was sideloaded, not installed from the Play store originally. I can never find it in the Play store, either on the web or on the phone app.

I have sideloaded the app linked above, and it showed my Mastercard from my Google Account and I was able to enter all the data, etc. But, it is still showing as an "unsupported device on the top. Will it still work?

If you are rooted it will always say Unsupported Device. Read it. It's just a disclaimer, as Google won't officially support a rooted device. Wallet still works just fine :)

Reactions: Vance14

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted it will always say Unsupported Device. Read it. It's just a disclaimer, as Google won't officially support a rooted device. Wallet still works just fine :)

Awesome, that is what I wanted to hear!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Now I have even more options using the Wallet.

It was my luck the Wallet is not showing for me in the market either lol.
If not for people posting links to download it from ,, well I would not have it :)

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Since this latest version of Google Wallet uses the cloud and not the secure element on the phone, does this mean we do not have to reset the app before we wipe and flash a new rom?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Since this latest version of Google Wallet uses the cloud and not the secure element on the phone, does this mean we do not have to reset the app before we wipe and flash a new rom?

From what I can tell it still accesses the secure element. I know because mine is borked and this Wallet still won't load, lol :)

So yeah keep resetting it from within the app if you intend on wiping and flashing a new ROM.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If you installed using the browser trick, it may not show up as an update. Mine didn't. All I had to do was log into the Play store website and it allowed me to send the update to my phone without any issues at all.