Replacement device

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I know I've asked a lot of questions, hopefully this is the last one before I can figure it out myself.

I have to replace my device. Is there a way (non rooted) to backup all my apps and settings so I can restore them on my replacement easily?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about settings, but I think your apps are synced with Google.. just have to log in with same account on new device under Google play and reinstall them I'm assuming.. haven't actually had to do this yet but I think that may be how such works.

Hopefully if I'm wrong someone will correct me lol

hillwoman

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I used Wugs Toolkit to back up my apps and their data without rooting. When I got my replacement, most of the apps and the settings were saved. Very few things were weird and I had to reset them, but all my games were saved. All my email information was saved. There's lots of info on Wugs, but here's a link to his site:
WugFresh

I used Google+ to sync all my pictures (but you can copy those directly onto your hard drive if you want).

Reactions: Xxw0lfxX

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I used Wugs Toolkit to back up my apps and their data without rooting. When I got my replacement, most of the apps and the settings were saved. Very few things were weird and I had to reset them, but all my games were saved. All my email information was saved. There's lots of info on Wugs, but here's a link to his site:
WugFresh

I used Google+ to sync all my pictures (but you can copy those directly onto your hard drive if you want).

Does the toolkit save the backup file locally on the device or on the computer?

hillwoman

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, just saw your question.

The toolkit saves the backup file to the computer. It took a bit of time to set up and the backup took at least 20 minutes (I'm not sure since I walked away) but it was totally worth it.

Reactions: Xxw0lfxX

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, just saw your question.

The toolkit saves the backup file to the computer. It took a bit of time to set up and the backup took at least 20 minutes (I'm not sure since I walked away) but it was totally worth it.

No problem, that you for the reply! I will be receiving my replacement tomorrow. Will report back as to how it goes.

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I am just trying to simply do a backup on my Nexus using Wugs toolkit , because I am getting a replacement today. When I click backup, it tells me it is rebooting my device, which it does, but then nothing. Any suggestions?

Debugging mode is on...