Jelly Bean ??

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi i am very new to android but i am pretty savvy with technology but just not familiar with the android lingo i recently got a GNEX coming from and I4S for the sake of hopefully learning how to customize and teeter things to the way i want by learning what a ROM is exactly and how to flash them and know my way around android. i've never rooted but i plan on doing so and was going to use nexus rooting tool and then from there learn how to flash on JB. so what im asking is there a better tool to root and whats a stable ROM for JB i read that cyanogenmod seem to be pretty popular so any help or suggestions would be appreciated since i am a noob to android . also i be checking out the root and rom forums so if there is good threads in there let me know thanks

jrv1point5

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I too am very new to Android rooting/ROMS. Today I flashed my first ROM on GNexus using the toolkit and I must say it was by far the easiest I tried. I had several false starts until I found the ToolKit due to missing and/or corrupted files for other methods. I flashed to JellyBelly v5.4 and so far am loving it. Am going to try out this for a few days and then try Cyanogenmod 9. I will post some updates for you on JellyBelly when I get a little more use out of it. I don't have many mods tied to it yet so I'm basically running it stock(with the exception of GApps and SuperBeats).

AQnyone with more experience on here have any suggestions for other tweeks/mods? Battery life or tethering or anything? Any help for a new guy having a blast with it so far would be greatly appreciated.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Click your ways to the Rooting sub-forum.. There are a number of stickied guides and many threads which will answer all of your questions.. And of course helpful folk to guide you as well :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gemtwin74

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have GNex but I have issues with phone going from 4g to no signal, can't make calls, and drop calls along with audio issues. This is my 2nd phone in 2 weeks. Would you get a Rezound or S3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have GNex but I have issues with phone going from 4g to no signal, can't make calls, and drop calls along with audio issues. This is my 2nd phone in 2 weeks. Would you get a Rezound or S3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I'm not sure I understand--do you want to try and get Jelly Bean or try to swap your device?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674