Phone has recently started tripping out

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So my phones not rooted/cracked anything like that. Its as stock as they come.

Ive had the phone for about 5/6 months now....thankfully i never had any issues or hiccups that ive seen a lot of people here have....until now :(

i notice more lag (aside from the lag ics already has) when switching between apps or loading one up. (I havent installed anything new in the past few weeks so i know its not an app affecting it) when im texting, its very delayed or doesnt correspond to what im typing, it freezes and just stops and i have to start typing again, or if im typing, it pops up the apps button and selects a random app running in the background (its as if the phone is possessed) its really weird, and im kind of getting sick of the phone and its issues. im staying strong and hoping jb will come soon and fix all this....project butter? i sure hope so, ive only seen and heard great things

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a lot of apps running? Could be that or when was the last time you turned your phone off and back on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

NoICon

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Standard keyboard and sms apps or do use something else?

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Boot into recovery mode and wipe cache. Read the stickies hitchhikers guide. If I'm not mistaken you don't need to be rooted to do that.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just as an aside, an app that was recently updated could be at fault. I had a similar issue a few weeks ago where my GNex would crawl to a halt. I hadn't installed anything new so I ruled that out immediately. Upon watching what processes were running I determined that Beautiful Widgets was somehow managing to consume almost 100% cpu time which was causing the issue. And as it so happened, it had been updated days earlier when the issue 1st presented itself.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
honestly, i cant figure out. now it just seems to be sporadic and does it every now and then. its as if the phone is on its period :p

it could possibly be an app update but we dont knw....

cold booting the phone helps out a bit.