Google Play Music Storage

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is baffling me. I've looked at a few threads and can't still figure this out.

1) Where is my music? I've looked for my files in the "music" folder. I've looked for it in the com.google.music/data/cache (or whatever). I've tried to download the music player on to my desktop for Google Play. It's not on my Google Play account on line (as far as I can see). Nowhere! I can't find my music anywhere. My music plays, but I can't find it.

2) If my music is actually in the cloud, why is my SD card mostly full (that is what it keeps telling me)? Internal Storage says I have 28.13 GB total space. But, with the apps, pictures, videos, audio, downloads, and available, it equals 5.8 GB, and "available is the biggest bar with 2.13 GB.

3) If I can have my music files in the cloud, and they still will play offline when there's no internet connection, I definitely want to have them there. How do I transfer them to the cloud and still make easy transfers if I flash a new ROM or wipe my phone?

Thanks everyone. This is just a WTF moment and I'm trying to figure it all out.:confused:

jmklei0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just found them. Syncr (app used to sync my itunes files to the phone) has them in their own folder. I used it once. I didn't know it was going to put them in its own folder.

Now I have to wrestle with saving them to a location I actually want them.

Sorry for the confusion, but maybe this will help someone one day.:eek:

jhtheking

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am also curious to k ow how the cloud works on google music? Anyone know?

Well you upload your music from your computer to music.google.com and your phone will get all of the information about every song you have uploaded (artist name, albums, songs, album art, genre etc) and you will be able to see all of that on your phone. When you select a song to play, the phone tells the cloud which song was chosen and that song is downloaded to your phone to listen to.

If you make some music available offline, that music will automatically download and when you play that song it will play directly from your phone rather than going to the cloud.

Did that answer your question?

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Well you upload your music from your computer to music.google.com and your phone will get all of the information about every song you have uploaded (artist name, albums, songs, album art, genre etc) and you will be able to see all of that on your phone. When you select a song to play, the phone tells the cloud which song was chosen and that song is downloaded to your phone to listen to.

If you make some music available offline, that music will automatically download and when you play that song it will play directly from your phone rather than going to the cloud.

Did that answer your question?

Yes thank you.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is baffling me. I've looked at a few threads and can't still figure this out.

1) Where is my music? I've looked for my files in the "music" folder. I've looked for it in the com.google.music/data/cache (or whatever). I've tried to download the music player on to my desktop for Google Play. It's not on my Google Play account on line (as far as I can see). Nowhere! I can't find my music anywhere. My music plays, but I can't find it.

2) If my music is actually in the cloud, why is my SD card mostly full (that is what it keeps telling me)? Internal Storage says I have 28.13 GB total space. But, with the apps, pictures, videos, audio, downloads, and available, it equals 5.8 GB, and "available is the biggest bar with 2.13 GB.

3) If I can have my music files in the cloud, and they still will play offline when there's no internet connection, I definitely want to have them there. How do I transfer them to the cloud and still make easy transfers if I flash a new ROM or wipe my phone?

Thanks everyone. This is just a WTF moment and I'm trying to figure it all out.:confused:

As far as #3 you can't play cloud music offline unless you use data or wifi. Only way to not use wifi or data is download the song to your phone

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums