what is the best music manager for androids???

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
so i just got my gnex, and i am excited to jump right in. however i am wondering what the best software is to manage the music library. for example, apple has itunes, and MS has zune ( for now anyway). they are both excellent music and media managers. this is an area i feel like google is missing. sure google play is great and i love the ability to store all of my music in the cloud for free. but sometimes i dont want to use data to hear my music. that being said. what is the best way to manage the media on my phone by my PC? double twist is the best i've used thus far.

wish google would integrate google music a little deeper, and make a solid program that i can sync with.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i had the same exact issue when i first got my gnex, i even made a post trying to find the best and free player.

google play was updated a few weeks ago and has slightly improved from what is was before...if you havent become a fan of it yet, i would suggest trying cloudskipper or power amp (trial)

but as you stated, youre looking for a pc music manager...i havent used anything, i just go into the folder when connected and just delete/add the songs i bought, sorry dude :(

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
yea ive used power amp, actually bought it and didnt like it that much. believe it or not, i like ubermusic a lot which is a windows phone music player emulator. but what i am looking for is a pc media manager to sync with. ive tried media monkey, windows media, and now double twist. double twist works quite well, i just want google to integrate google play into a software that can sync all of your music....

thanks though

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I got a paid version of power amp through a contest here on ac... I actually do like it... Plays everything I have on here - wma, mp3, even converts mp4 to just sound track....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Double Twist on Macintosh computers is atrocious.

It is unresponsive for several minutes upon launch, with the notorious "spinning beachball", where you'll have to wait several minutes to be able to use ut.
Then, If I want to click between playlists, artists, or pictures, and the spinning beachball apeared for several more minutes.
The application is terrible, and it is actually much easier to just drag the music files you want to the HTC One X storage. Then you've got to import the play lists as well, which is alos annoying, but Double Twist doesn't work for anyone who has a large iTunes library

I had this same problem 2 years ago on my Nexus one. Double Twist just never freezesand never gets the onthe syncing syncing don

There's got to be another good prgram outehre mking it easiee ti sink your fild onto your devuce

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I have a Macintosh also, but Google play is now allowing your itunes library music to sync with Google play music. I also had to use double twist at first, but now I use Google play music.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci