E-mail App Used 25 GIGS in 2 Weeks

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What on God's green earth would cause something like THIS to happen? I'm trying to help out a friend and she sent me the screenshots... I have no idea where even to begin. All I know is there's one account tied to it - an aim address. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
25gigs! That is A LOT of data! Maybe your friend has email to check every 5 minutes, and has it set so pictures always show. That would cause a lot of data to be used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Its a problem with the exchange app on android... plenty have seen this including myself.... phone gets blazing hot and kills the battery too....
Remove the account from the phone and then re add it... sometimes it helps...
I had the factory reset to fix mine...

Danny

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I would also turn off how often the phone checks for a new email. The app keeps the phone awake, you just have to check email manually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Shes gonna try readding it. If that doesnt work, we may have to set up some kind of email forwarding to her gmail account. I've never done that before, so I imagine all her reply's will say @gmail instead of @aim like she'd want them to... blah.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Or do what I did, don't use the built in exchange app use the hotmail app from the app market, it's actually gotten pretty good lately...

Edit. Just realized you are using aim... maybe they gave an app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just merely checking for email shouldn't use up much bandwidth.
I am not any expert on this subject whatsoever, but is it possible that her email account has been hacked or being used to send spam? 25 gb is ludicrous. There's no way anyone could use that much in a month and not know how if it was them sending the messages.
AIM sounds like an old account as well. I keep all of my important emails on my Gmail and all other garbage on my attention account.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
166cbgl.jpg

2rcbzue.jpg

I couldn't help but notice that Facebook and Instagram are also using an abnormally large amount of data. Is this a bug in the OS itself?

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Just asked her what this week's data usage was, and after re-adding the @aim account it's already used 2.5GB of data. No idea what's going on. I'm starting to wonder if it's specific to aim addresses.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
tell her to remove the account and use another app or something.
how many e-mail does she recieve on average in a day?

my guess is there is a data leak in the app constantly sucking data. that is just rediculous. and it is probably slowing everything else down on here phone and using battery like mad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm