Samsung and Verizon should be ashamed!

jedavis60411

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to the Galaxy Nexus last week with high hopes. I thought I was going to to get a great device. Just 10 days later I'm beyond fed up with this phone. I'm on my third brand new out the box nexus in 10 days!

The phone doesn't stay on 4g for more than 5 mins. It doesnt even fall back to 3g. I drop EVERY call I make, its just crazy. I know its not caused by the area I'm in because I had a bionic before this and my signal was SOLID all the time.

I want to give this phone a chance but there has been no indication of when the problem will be fixed.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you on 4.0.4? Also sim makes a difference as well. My 4g greatly improved with a newer sim card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's good advice, OP should maybe give that a shot.

Unfortunately yes there are those who have dealt with multiple defective units. A good one really is a great phone though. I'm lucky to have gotten a solid device on day one and I still love it.

Reactions: jedavis60411

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have two and both have been great since the day they were bought. I have to wonder about the sim and about the other constant for anybody with issues with multiple gnexes, towers in their area. I know its a stretch but it seems that when you get a bad one you get multiple bad copies. Seems a stretch for every copy to be bad in exactly the same way.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a common theme on this forum.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jedavis60411

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup the phone is updated to 4.04, I had the sim card replaced to one of the older cards because the best buy mobile guy thought that the newer cards were causing the 4g problems. Since I just exchanged for another device today I'll get a new sim card tomorrow and pray that this fixes the problem.

Does anyone know of any roms that could possibly solve this problem?

@Shinytop I had a bionic before this and 4g worked fine on it. That was just last week before I upgraded to the nexus.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Nah.. If your signal is dropping like that it's either a bad 4G area (and you can fix the issue by switching the setting to 3G only) or a defective unit.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Yup the phone is updated to 4.04, I had the sim card replaced to one of the older cards because the best buy mobile guy thought that the newer cards were causing the 4g problems. Since I just exchanged for another device today I'll get a new sim card tomorrow and pray that this fixes the problem.

@Shinytop I had a bionic before this and 4g worked fine on it. That was just last week before I upgraded to the nexus.

Im not sure a ROM will solve these issues, but newer radios that are available that may lend some help. To install these you will have to unlock the phone, im not sure if rooting is necessary. There are flashable packages in the rooting section for newer radios. If the new SIM does not help and you are willing to unlock the bootloader i would try this next.

Under settings/about phone there should be a baseband listed. FC04/FC05 are the latest. If you have something different then this (FA or EK) then you don't have the latest radios. They worked wonders for me.

Reactions: jedavis60411

jedavis60411

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Finally got a working unit. They tried a new sim card in my previous nexus and they didn't work. After exchanging the device I knew right away that this was a keeper because I was able to enter in my Gmail info with it dropping service. After 4 nexuses I'm happy I finally got one that works. Can't wait to finally enjoy it. Thanks to everyone.

Reactions: ejaymd11