[OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

Also, the stuff about Status in that screenshot--

Is that System Update? What is that? The little white stuff on the holo blue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [OTA][9/21]Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

OP has been updated with a link to OFFICIAL VERIZON UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

So do we need that last small update to get with this one. Also should I manually flash since I want to stay rooted and unlocked?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

So do we need that last small update to get with this one. Also should I manually flash since I want to stay rooted and unlocked?

I would hesitantly say yes, you do. But until someone grabs the link/posts the images, I can't say for certain.

I would manually flash and be sure to root it as instructed in the OP :).

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

everything on the About Phone screen matches up with the leaked build with one minor difference. my Baseband Version is I515.10 V.FF02/I515.FG02. The above screen shows I515.09 V.FF02/I515.FG02.

dy2e4u8a.jpg

does this minor difference mean anything?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

everything on the About Phone screen matches up with the leaked build with one minor difference. my Baseband Version is I515.10 V.FF02/I515.FG02. The above screen shows I515.09 V.FF02/I515.FG02.

does this minor difference mean anything?

Not a thing, best that we can tell. It's a hardware revision. No one knows exactly what it does. Some theorize it leads to more issues, some, like myself, have had no problems with it. I've had 5 separate VZW GN devices and my latest is .10. It's rock solid.

TL;DR - don't worry about it. Not software, hardware. No one knows what it really is.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Not a thing, best that we can tell. It's a hardware revision. No one knows exactly what it does. Some theorize it leads to more issues, some, like myself, have had no problems with it. I've had 5 separate VZW GN devices and my latest is .10. It's rock solid.

TL;DR - don't worry about it. Not software, hardware. No one knows what it really is.

You are the ULTIMATE source of knowledge on this. I appreciate the quick response. Sticking with this then since I've had zero issues also AND Google Wallet works perfectly.

dmmarck for President

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

I would hesitantly say yes, you do. But until someone grabs the link/posts the images, I can't say for certain.

I would manually flash and be sure to root it as instructed in the OP :).

Thanks I will probably wait till this weekend till I have some time to sit down and take care of this.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks I will probably wait till this weekend till I have some time to sit down and take care of this.

Lakers (the user who posted that he received it) stated he had Q, not K, FWIW.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Lakers (the user who posted that he received it) stated he had Q, not K, FWIW.

Cool Im still on K but I do have CWM installed so it looks like I will be flashing once I get off work.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm stock unrooted. Does the system framework trick work to force the update?

jbs102

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone, I'm a noob so please forgive. I flashed the test leak a few months ago, from what I have read on here it seems to be the same. So will I need to update and will I receive it OTA? Also, if I leave the test build on, will I receive official updates from verizon in the future? I believe I am not rooted but I am unlocked.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone, I'm a noob so please forgive. I flashed the test leak a few months ago, from what I have read on here it seems to be the same. So will I need to update and will I receive it OTA? Also, if I leave the test build on, will I receive official updates from verizon in the future? I believe I am not rooted but I am unlocked.

You're talking about this leak from late August or another?

You have a custom recovery if you flashed this, and thus, cannot accept an OTA. You may (1) return to stock and get this OTA, or (2) just wait for a rom'd version of the next OTA. I'm sure this OTA will be "deodexed" and put in ROM form soon enough.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yea, the late August one.

Does returning to stock wipe my phone?

If you relock and unlock the bootloader, yes.

For those wanting manual installation instructions, they can be found in the OP. Or below :).

[INFO]If you would like to manually install this update, you have two options depending on what version of 4.0.4 you are on. Please read the above to become generally familiar with what is going on, then proceed with the following.

If you are on IMM76K:
You need a custom recovery (so really, same as before) and this file, which is the official OTA zip. Basically: put this file on your SDcard, reboot into recovery, and then flash it. Nothing will wipe and you will be unrooted, just like before.

• Make sure you're stock, but with a custom recovery (so you'll need to unlock and flash that through fastboot or through a toolkit).
  • Download the JRO030 from IMM76K file, listed above.
  • Place that file on your SDcard.
  • Reboot into recovery through either adb or manually going to the bootloader.
  • Choose "install" or "install from zip" and find the update zip.
  • Flash it and reboot system. It will unroot you. If you want root, follow the instructions above in this very post. Enjoy :).

If you are on IMM76Q:
From what it appears, the official OTA is actually the leaked OTA. You can follow the instructions I wrote out originally, but in reality you are going to be starting with Step 4 (flashing the JRO030 zip). Basically, put the file on your SDcard, boot into your custom recovery, and flash it. Here is the link to the official OTA zip.

• Make sure you're stock, but with a custom recovery (so you'll need to unlock and flash that through fastboot or through a toolkit).
  • Download the JRO030 from IMM76Q file, listed above.
  • Place that file on your SDcard.
  • Reboot into recovery through either adb or manually going to the bootloader.
  • Choose "install" or "install from zip" and find the update zip.
  • Flash it and reboot system. It will unroot you. If you want root, follow the instructions above in this very post. Enjoy :).
[/INFO]

Last edited:

az_r2d1

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

Installed the drivers ok, I am on imm30b, unlocked and rooted.
Clicked on back to stock, it connects and flashes a couple items but with the radio it says it fails to read and says "too many links" as reason ?

edit: went to CWM and flashed without a problem. That is the way to go, WUGs toolkit didn't work.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Installed the drivers ok, I am on imm30b, unlocked and rooted.
Clicked on back to stock, it connects and flashes a couple items but with the radio it says it fails to read and says "too many links" as reason ?

Follow the first part to return to stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance