Visit site
Awesome. Im going to give it a shot and let you know just for other people

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

Why do you want to flash the recovery? Shouldn't you just faboot boot into recovery so that the recovery image is preserved? This is how we did it in the past and should still work.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Why do you want to flash the recovery? Shouldn't you just faboot boot into recovery so that the recovery image is preserved? This is how we did it in the past and should still work.

Matter of preference. Either will work.

rufflez

Banned
Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Matter of preference. Either will work.

Well, we did it that way before because you needed to have the stock recovery intact. Is that no longer the case? Also, doing this way would allow you to roll back and update officially when that does become available. Otherwise, you have to flash the stock recovery back. The only way I see doing that is installing it through fastboot, which requires a wipe.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Ok for anybody that wants this info. I followed the steps and put the OTA jellybean on. I then used Wugs to flash back to IMM76K with no problem at all. So anybody that wants to have jelly bean now but also wants to be able to get the OTA when its official can use wugs to get back to IMM76K to get the update

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Well, we did it that way before because you needed to have the stock recovery intact. Is that no longer the case? Also, doing this way would allow you to roll back and update officially when that does become available. Otherwise, you have to flash the stock recovery back. The only way I see doing that is installing it through fastboot, which requires a wipe.

This is how I've done and I've had great success. I advise what I know.

Installing via fastboot does not wipe a thing. Sure, it gets rid of the custom recovery, but it doesn't "wipe" anything, unless it did in the past. If recovery is all they need (since they need stock images to take an OTA), then simply fastbooting it is easily doable. The Q update didn't change recovery AFAIK.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Can you flash the new radio's on stock ICS IMM76K?

Yes. Radios are backwards compatible; doesn't really matter what rom/OS you're on.

However, remember, you must be unlocked with a custom recovery in order to flash them.

funkyreuben

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

If I'm already on K, can I jump right to Q? I tried it but got an error code (7 I think).

funkyreuben

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

What'd you do when flashing Q?

I flashed with CWM, found the zip file and tried to update. It stopped within a few seconds and gave an error code. I'll run it again and hopefully remember the code this time.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I flashed with CWM, found the zip file and tried to update. It stopped within a few seconds and gave an error code. I'll run it again and hopefully remember the code this time.

It wouldn't hurt to try wiping the device before that. But having just watched and seen a Q update from K, I can confirm it works lol.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm unlocked and rooted, can I just flash the zip in cwm over the custom rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JQuock

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm already running JB from the JRO03L rom. How can I go about just installing the new radios? Sorry getting to JRO03L was my first root job so it was a little easier being a whole package fix. Not sure how to fix just the radios.

Also another question, i keep getting the app notification to update SuperSU. Is it a simple update like updating any other app or do I have to uninstall the current version and so forth? I wasn't sure since this was put on through using the wug tool.

On another note thanks so much for all your help thus far! I couldn't have been running JB for the past month if it were not for all of you guys!:D