[OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

I'm already running JB from the JRO03L rom. How can I go about just installing the new radios? Sorry getting to JRO03L was my first root job so it was a little easier being a whole package fix. Not sure how to fix just the radios.

Also another question, i keep getting the app notification to update SuperSU. Is it a simple update like updating any other app or do I have to uninstall the current version and so forth? I wasn't sure since this was put on through using the wug tool.

On another note thanks so much for all your help thus far! I couldn't have been running JB for the past month if it were not for all of you guys!:D

(1) Check the second post in this thread.

(2) Update like any other app!

(3) You're welcome :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Here's a flashable version of the OTA, courtesy of Droid-Life. Flash it like any other rom, so follow normal flashing procedures :).

Reactions: Erckul and greyhd

woody_105

May 25, 2010
Visit site

I just got a CLNR on Q and unlocked and rooted this morning, can I just do the update to 3O or should I still go revert back to 76K first?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I just got a CLNR on Q and unlocked and rooted this morning, can I just do the update to 3O or should I still go revert back to 76K first?

You should be able to simply flash the JB update :).

sutrebla15

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: Ridgerunner20

Bnails21

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok I bought my gnex a few weeks ago and I am already on IMM76Q. What do I need to do?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

Yes. And it'll be unrooted, so there's that lol.

I'm afraid it didn't get rid of root on mine and I'm not a fan of root. Is there any way of getting rid of rot without having to go back to stock 4.0.2 and going through the whole process again? I really don't want to have to wipe this phone but root is one of those things that I like to avoid.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm afraid it didn't get rid of root on mine and I'm not a fan of root. Is there any way of getting rid of rot without having to go back to stock 4.0.2 and going through the whole process again? I really don't want to have to wipe this phone but root is one of those things that I like to avoid.

if you are not unlocked already, you cannot flash updates. unlocking automatically wipes your phone but then you will be able to flash updates. If you are on stock ICS, once you unlock, you flash from 76k --> 76Q--> JB and will never have rooted your phone.. if you were already rooted you will lose root i believe. Once you are running JB you can flash the stock recovery and relock your bootloader and be completely stock on the build. I did exactly that earlier today and my work emails are working since it is completely stock, non root and non unlock and buttery jelly amazingness.

if you are already unlocked and rooted you can just unroot using superSU

can anyone get the My Verizon app working?

pretty sure 99.999% of people on these forums force stopped and disabled that app with in 30 seconds of getting their phone.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

if you are not unlocked already, you cannot flash updates. unlocking automatically wipes your phone but then you will be able to flash updates. Once you flash stock 4.04 --> 76Q--> JB you will lose root i believe. Once you are running JB you can flash the stock recovery and relock your bootloader and be completely stock on the build. I did exactly that earlier today and my work emails are working since it is completely stock and amazing.

if you are already unlocked and rooted you can just unroot using superSU

I've been unlocked since I got the phone on release day. I rooted and flashed the JB file but root persisted after the update. I reverted back to 4.0.4 and then flashed again. You actually don't need root if you're on IMM76Q. Oh well, I guess wiping my phone was overdo. I'm enjoying unrooted JB now.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I've been unlocked since I got the phone on release day. I rooted and flashed the JB file but root persisted after the update. I reverted back to 4.0.4 and then flashed again. You actually don't need root if you're on IMM76Q. Oh well, I guess wiping my phone was overdo. I'm enjoying unrooted JB now.

well if it is any consolation i went through the process of restoring my phone all day with the new build but i can say with absolutely certainty it was worth it. Enjoy!!

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

Definitely worth it. I had used a few of the ROMs out there and even compiled my own. I prefer the official leaks and OTA route though. Been rooting/flashing since my OG Droid. I'm on Androind phone #6 and I'm so over that habit.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

This thread should be in the VZW Nexus Rooting and ROMing section, not this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37