[OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

it's not rooting if I understand correctly, that is why it is here.

Reactions: svfd757

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com

Does anyone know if there is any advantage to using this or the OTA that is linked one page 1 over Bugless Beast?

dash813

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I have the BB JB Rom, are those radios as good as the ones mentioned in this thread?

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com

I have the BB JB Rom, are those radios as good as the ones mentioned in this thread?

I just flashed the new radios found in this thread on AC. I am in the basement of a building so I haven't been able to test out the effectiveness of the new radios. From what I have read it is a 50/50 for people - some have seen great improvements and some have not. I figured why not give them a go and at least have the latest radios.

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com

Runs great! No issues seen yet and I'm about 24 hours deep on this! Thanks again

sbomb

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Followed the instructions while using Wug's Toolkit and had no problem coming from stock ICS.

Was locked and not rooted so I simply created an android backup file, saved my media as usual, backed up SMS, Call Logs and Contacts.

Very easy to do, even for a noob like myself and now I won't have to impatiently wait for OTA.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's a flashable version of the OTA, courtesy of Droid-Life. Flash it like any other rom, so follow normal flashing procedures :).

I read a comment on Droid life that installing this zip causes loss of root, but phone remains unlocked.

Am I correct that if this occurs, I will be able to receive the official OTA when it's pushed? If so, this is a winning situation IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I read a comment on Droid life that installing this zip causes loss of root, but phone remains unlocked.

Am I correct that if this occurs, I will be able to receive the official OTA when it's pushed? If so, this is a winning situation IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Installing any OTA will cause you to lose root. You can (1) install OTA rootkeeper, or (2) flash the superuser.zip I have in the second (I think lol) post.

Regarding taking the OTA, you will need to be on whatever the latest official release is. You see how you need to be on IMM76Q for this to work? That is probably what you will need to be on for the official OTA. Again, if it mirrors IMM76K, this has a good chance of being that OTA, but never say never!

Reactions: Erckul

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Installing any OTA will cause you to lose root. You can (1) install OTA rootkeeper, or (2) flash the superuser.zip I have in the second (I think lol) post.

Regarding taking the OTA, you will need to be on whatever the latest official release is. You see how you need to be on IMM76Q for this to work? That is probably what you will need to be on for the official OTA. Again, if it mirrors IMM76K, this has a good chance of being that OTA, but never say never!

sort of odd in my opinion you have to come from imm76Q to use this.. Makes me think they will push them out one after the other?? I hope there isnt a gap in between.. well i guess i dont care since i already flashed it..

Or maybe even the OTA will be the same build but takes you from 76k to JB?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
sort of odd in my opinion you have to come from imm76Q to use this.. Makes me think they will push them out one after the other?? I hope there isnt a gap in between.. well i guess i dont care since i already flashed it..

Or maybe even the OTA will be the same build but takes you from 76k to JB?

I agree with you. I think it is the most perplexing thing about this, and I hope the final one just skips it altogether.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the radios only over the Euroskank JB Rom and the new radios are just a bit better for me. I notice better speed when switching between wifi and 4G signals.

Ender0715

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

dmmarck I am officially in love with you... I have been having the radio cycling issue on the nexus since day one... The radios fixed that issue... I'm finally able to use my phone on 4G... Thank you...

Thank you...
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daikens28

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys,

I have a question for everyone who uses this now in terms of the signal. Has the signal strength improved on the device? I know there have been issues of service dropping but my nexus always had very weak 4G reception compared to other phones. I didn't know if this made it stronger or pick up 4G better or what. Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys,

I have a question for everyone who uses this now in terms of the signal. Has the signal strength improved on the device? I know there have been issues of service dropping but my nexus always had very weak 4G reception compared to other phones. I didn't know if this made it stronger or pick up 4G better or what. Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

From what I've seen personally and from what I've seen around the internet, yes.

Reactions: daikens28

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Just going to throw this out there:
Radio hardware isn't changing.. While some people may notice improved signal with new radios, a lot of it is just a placebo, IMO. With new radios the things to look for are possibly a more stable signal in weaker areas as well as better/faster 3G-4G handoffs and vice versa.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Just going to throw this out there:
Radio hardware isn't changing.. While some people may notice improved signal with new radios, a lot of it is just a placebo, IMO. With new radios the things to look for are possibly a more stable signal in weaker areas as well as better/faster 3G-4G handoffs and vice versa.

Yup. One of the things that's probably changed is (1) how it's read, (2) threshold for picking up the signal, (3) threshold for dropping the signal, etc.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

came across a much faster download link on Android Community. Scroll down to the "update" section. Enjoy

This update appears to be official as Google themselves have also published Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to their own servers. This is completely stock, unrooted, and will need to be flashed over the official Verizon Galaxy Nexus update version IMM76Q. The latest official update was IMM76K, so this isn?t for everyone. Use caution

EDITED and deleted link. Not exactly what I thought it would be. My apologies to anyone who might have tried this.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

came across a much faster download link on Android Community. Scroll down to the "update" section. Enjoy

This update appears to be official as Google themselves have also published Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus to their own servers. This is completely stock, unrooted, and will need to be flashed over the official Verizon Galaxy Nexus update version IMM76Q. The latest official update was IMM76K, so this isn?t for everyone. Use caution

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean leaks for Verizon Galaxy Nexus | Android Community

Is it just a renamed (the filename) mirror? That's all it appears to be; thanks though, that'll help those who run into traffic issues with the original link!

BTW, OTA's always come from Google :) (at least for us).