[OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

Maximaniac

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

dmmarck, those instructions in post #1 worked perfectly. Thanks!

I'm coming from a droid X, which was also my first android phone, so I have no experience with unlocking a bootloader. Wug's nexus tool is simply amazing.

I have a question about flashing other ROMs now. Would I be able to flash a ROM (i.e. LiquidSmooth) without running into any issues? I know that it's an earlier version of JB since it hasn't been updated with the latest OTA build, but I wasn't sure if that would be an issue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

dmmarck, those instructions in post #1 worked perfectly. Thanks!

I'm coming from a droid X, which was also my first android phone, so I have no experience with unlocking a bootloader. Wug's nexus tool is simply amazing.

I have a question about flashing other ROMs now. Would I be able to flash a ROM (i.e. LiquidSmooth) without running into any issues? I know that it's an earlier version of JB since it hasn't been updated with the latest OTA build, but I wasn't sure if that would be an issue.

Yes. Without testing it (so I can't vouch for it to an absolute 100% certainty), you should have no qualms when flashing another ROM. However, I would caution against flashing any ROM that's not based on Jelly Bean, and even with JB, try to make sure it's JB 4.1.1 and not 4.1 (the ports from almost 2 months ago at this point).

If you have any general flashing questions, check out Don't Panic. It'll help :).

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Okay I have installed Q now what is my next step. Do I have to do something else with Wug or just go back to recovery and install jb

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

quick boot does not work after I install Q and I can not get into recovery

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Okay I have installed Q now what is my next step. Do I have to do something else with Wug or just go back to recovery and install jb

quick boot does not work after I install Q and I can not get into recovery

You need to reinstall recovery if you didn't choose to use CWM6 and take advantage of the disabling stock recovery option. Use fastboot/Wug's to do that (or to simply install it--I'm sure there's something there).

Check the video :).

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Okay went through and re rooted and rebooted

Went back through and am now installing JB.....after it is installed I want to make sure that I am no longer rooted and can relock my boot loader

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Okay went through and re rooted and rebooted

Went back through and am now installing JB.....after it is installed I want to make sure that I am no longer rooted and can relock my boot loader

Well if you didn't use RootKeeper you will lose root. You can relock, just be aware that it will wipe everything so you'll need to set everything up.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Okay after installing JB I still have Busybox, SU, and quick Boot. How do I now unroot and lock?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Okay after installing JB I still have Busybox, SU, and quick Boot. How do I now unroot and lock?

Use fastboot to relock. That'll wipe anything, so that stuff will be gone and you'll need to setup your phone.

And you may have them, but do they work? I wouldn't think so?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Okay I deleted Busy Box and quiclk boot but still have SU and does not give me the option to delete or uninstall it.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Use fastboot to relock. That'll wipe anything, so that stuff will be gone and you'll need to setup your phone.

And you may have them, but do they work? I wouldn't think so?

The GOOD app that I use at work recognized that I was still rooted so something is awry.... :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

The GOOD app that I use at work recognized that I was still rooted so something is awry.... :)

You can start fresh :).

Did you delete the superuser apk? I usually don't root (just flashing rooted stuff), so other than manually going in and doing it (beforehand or possibly with a File Manager) or wiping the phone, I'm not quite sure how to get you where you need to be.

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

chuck.. you should not root at all or it leaves traces of files that GOOD can use to identify you had root at one time and boot you off..

This is what you need to do to use it with GOOD (i am currently using it with JB)

1) flash back to 100% fresh stock and unlock bootloader (wipes everything again)

2) flash the non touch version of Clockworkmod recovery via fastboot

3) push the two updates on your sd card via a push command or dragging them on once you boot your phone up

4) reboot to recovery and install the IMM76Q zip using CWM

5) install the Jelly Bean zip using CWM

6) boot your device to make sure it is working

7) reboot to fastboot and flash the original recovery back

8) oem re lock

9) reboot and install GOOD

10) enjoy

if you don't understand one of those steps let me know and ill give you the commands and explain further. Id stay away from wuggs toolkit since it seems to be rooting your phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

chuck.. you should not root at all or it leaves traces of files that GOOD can use to identify you had root at one time and boot you off..

This is what you need to do to use it with GOOD (i am currently using it with JB)

1) flash back to 100% fresh stock and unlock bootloader (wipes everything again)

3) push the two updates on your sd card via a push command or dragging them on once you boot your phone up

8) oem re lock

10) enjoy

if you don't understand one of those steps let me know and ill give you the commands and explain further. Id stay away from wuggs toolkit since it seems to be rooting your phone.

Thanks for that :). You can also use fastboot to just "boot" recovery so you don't replace it, or just let it revert on its own. But good stuff, thanks.

Out of my own curiosity, what in the hell is "GOOD"? lol

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

oh good to know about boot recovery... ill remember that for key lime pie :D

GOOD is an enterprise security app that allows you to have a personal device but all your work email and calendar come through this encrypted app. Since my firm pays for my phone bill they wont let me root or stay unlocked or else i lose access to work emails.

GOOD is also a huge misnomer. The app is dreadful and is the bane of my existence

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

oh good to know about boot recovery... ill remember that for key lime pie :D

GOOD is an enterprise security app that allows you to have a personal device but all your work email and calendar come through this encrypted app. Since my firm pays for my phone bill they wont let me root or stay unlocked or else i lose access to work emails.

GOOD is also a huge misnomer. The app is dreadful and is the bane of my existence

lol I would not like this GOOD app not one bit. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Dr0me

diobando

May 3, 2012
Visit site

Can you use this method to update to the verizon JB leak?

IMM76K Direct for Verizon Galaxy Nexus Manual OTA Instructions [UPDATED][New Working Link] ? StrifeJester's Rants

Just replace imm76k with Q and then JB?

I used this to get to 4.0.4 and it worked well.

Thanks for the help.

This worked only until 4.0.4 because the mempodroid script does not work beyond 4.0.4, unless it has been updated ever since.

Reactions: dmmarck

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

8) oem re lock

10) enjoy

C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\b91e5f741f80.signed-mysid-IMM76Q-from-IMM76K.b91e5f74.zip

How do I push using adb again

adb push /C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\/b91e5f741f80.signed-mysid-IMM76Q-from-IMM76K.b91e5f74.zip/sdcard

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

It's generally:

Code:
adb push file.zip /sdcard/file.zip

Make sure your spacing is correct; in your code, it appears to have no space.

Anywho, that should work.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

It's generally:

Code:
adb push file.zip /sdcard/file.zip

Make sure your spacing is correct; in your code, it appears to have no space.

Anywho, that should work.

THANKS!!!!!!!!! d ar n spa cing makes all the differenc e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol