[OTA][9/21] Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm using cwm 6.0.1.0 and correct file. Even download file again. Hmmmm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hm... have you changed anything in your system, as you are rooted? i.e. removed any stock apps, altered the build.prop, added or removed even sound files from the system, etc ?... Afaik your system must match stock for it to work.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Still didn't work, System 7 error. Do you think it is because I have google now installed? from the xda apk they realease a few months ago? How would I remove this to try that out?

Yes.. as I said, you altered your system, OTA's won't apply. I have no idea how to remove it, I would check the thread you downloaded it from originally to see if they have instructions for that. Else you'll have to restore a backup if you have one, or the factory images... or just flash a nice custom ROM and don't even worry about the OTA :)

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Are the radios in the OTA exactly the same as the ones from the previous leak? Sometimes, after a leak, the OTA contains radios that were modified but the baseband version number seems to be the same. Just wondering.

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I went right from IMM76K to JB with this method. Also kept root with Voodoo Root Keeper. Worked like a charm. JB kicks so much ass. Still don't seem to have gapless playback in Google Music though.

08BlkCaliSRT4

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
After running this for a few days now I have to say the radios improved for me. I hold 4G in spots it used to drop. Calls seems to sound better and haven't had one drop, yet. Switching to WiFi seems a hit quicker as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Complete opposite for me. It drops 4G like a bad habit where it use to hold strong. Example: I have 4G upstairs then walk down and it drops to 3G in the kitchen. Then I walk outside it goes back to 4G. Hop into my car and drops again. ICS I had 4G everywhere inside and out my house. WiFi switching is the only thing improved on my handset.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Complete opposite for me. It drops 4G like a bad habit where it use to hold strong. Example: I have 4G upstairs then walk down and it drops to 3G in the kitchen. Then I walk outside it goes back to 4G. Hop into my car and drops again. ICS I had 4G everywhere inside and out my house. WiFi switching is the only thing improved on my handset.

Could be area. (Meaning your area is seeing increased traffic).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got done flashing leaked OTA. So far, it is so much faster than any other JB I have used. This is awesome. Thanks dmmarck!!!

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: [OTA] Semi-Official Jelly Bean JRO03O for the Verizon GNex

For those wanting to root, this should do the trick:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61778374/JB-SuperSU.zip

Flash that zip in recovery, update the binary, then update the app in Play Store.

I did the OTA to JB and lost root. What recovery are you talking about? I'm trying to d/l CWM in Rom Manager and I get a message "You must root your phone for Rom manager to function. Superuser was not found at ..... "

This did not happen when I went to ICS 4.0.4.
And while I'm at it, what does "update the binary" mean and update which app?

help, please.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I did the OTA to JB and lost root. What recovery are you talking about? I'm trying to d/l CWM in Rom Manager and I get a message "You must root your phone for Rom manager to function. Superuser was not found at ..... "

This did not happen when I went to ICS 4.0.4.
And while I'm at it, what does "update the binary" mean and update which app?

help, please.

Do you have CWM installed? That's a custom recovery.

You update the binary through the superuser app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon