Missed notifications driving me nuts!!

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Love the Samsung Nexus on Verizon but the notifications are driving me nuts in that they are so quit and that they don't repeat if missed.

Using the app Zedge I can download different notifications which really helps with the loudness issue but it still only does it once like your phone ringing once and not repeating.

I use my text messaging for critical communication with work and I can't always hear the notification on the first ring.

My question, is there a way to make the notifications repeat???

Thanks,

R.

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention that with the Zedge app, using "loud beeping" the notification is the best I found for long and loud notification but doesn't address the issue of notifications repeating. I'd like it to repeat on an every minute or so pattern until acknowledged.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

R.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Project Glass and you won't miss a thing.

I constantly check my messages so I haven't missed anything critical yet. Vibrate and notify works well for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried Light Flow, seemed really cumbersome with so many settings that I thought I might screw up my phone. All I need is to simply repeat the notifications if I don't hear it the first time. Something simple that I can set up. Light Flow was way to complex and seemed to do way to much to the phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Love the Samsung Nexus on Verizon but the notifications are driving me nuts in that they are so quit and that they don't repeat if missed.

Using the app Zedge I can download different notifications which really helps with the loudness issue but it still only does it once like your phone ringing once and not repeating.

I use my text messaging for critical communication with work and I can't always hear the notification on the first ring.

Thanks,

R.

I'm not sure what app you use for your text messages, but GoSMS has a feature in the notification settings where you can set the # of reminder notifications for your texts from 1 to constantly repeating.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks,

R.

I hear ya. My solution is Popup Notifier, an app located here. It will consolidate all of your notifications in one place that will pop up on top of anything else. You can have different sounds for each kind of notification.

I highly recommend it.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If u can get your head around light flow it really seems like its what your looking for. I know the settings menus can seem a bit overwhelming but its worth it for what it does.
7929959872_747f9fdc9d_c.jpg

Last edited:

mrdunn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Droid Notify Pro- there is a free version to try, the only app I cannot be without, has a big pop up and sounds at intervals you define.

raffitou

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Found it, app called Missed Call Reminder. Simple to set up, and separately controls missed calls and missed texts with repeat alerts that I can set up to recur as frequently as every minute. It's FREE. Give it a try. Thanks to all those who offered advide.

mrdunn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Found it, app called Missed Call Reminder. Simple to set up, and separately controls missed calls and missed texts with repeat alerts that I can set up to recur as frequently as every minute. It's FREE. Give it a try. Thanks to all those who offered advide.

Same author as Droid Notify, which I think includes this and other reminders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed