CDMA NEXUS repalcement digitizer

wildchild420187

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
anyone have a nexus laying around wit a good touch glass? i dropped my phone on tile fro about 2 feet and it shattered lol gorilla glass my ass. anyway i know it is a long shot but if anyone has a gnex that is for whatever reason un useable and would be willing to ship it to me, i can pay for shipping and all that would even be willing to pay like 20 bucks for the screen, all i found online was crap from china and i dont know how well to trust them.

wildchild420187

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if the digitizer and glass are two pieces? I found a few online for $20 that are the front glass replacements, but not the digitizer. Wasnt sure if they came apart or not.

Like what is listed here:
New LCD front Glass Screen Lens For Samsung GALAXY Nexus i9250 black | eBay

or with tools:

Black Front Screen Glass Lens+Tools for Samsung i9250 Galaxy Nexus Prime XWGS097 | eBay

I believe, Not sure tho, That the front glass is the digitizer, the part that is broken on mine is the same thing as what is in the picture of that link, i would assume that it would work, even if the glass and digitizer's are seperate pieces, i still have the digitizer that is in my phone now, and i would immagine that they would be interchangeable? no 100 percent tho.

Anyway, i am going to do a lil research, and find out if this will work for me, I HOPE SO... That would be a cheap solution, Thanks you for looking, and posting links.

OH, and are the CDMA and GSM nexus's the same screen size/are they interchangeable? any one know?

Thanks again

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding (and personal experience) the GNex doesn't use Gorilla Glass. Only "fortified glass" as stated by Samsung.

If it did have Gorilla Glass my phone would not have the slight, barely-there-yet-so-ever-present scratch that it does. :'(

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass still would shatter. I know someone with a RAZR shattered and my brother's Bionic is currently shattered... both still work. He is debating whether to try to fix it himself like you or just find a different good condition phone from a reputable seller on ebay.

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i left my gnex in my shorts pocket accidentally and forcefully threw the shorts across the bathroom onto tiles. it made a 2mm "dent" in the corner of the phone including plastic and glass, but i was surprised the glass didn't shatter. everything still works fine.

good luck for me, bad for you i guess. :(

ryanmolter1

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Let me know what you find out. I have a few scratches in mine and if the $20-$25 replacement screen will work i'm going to get one for sure.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding (and personal experience) the GNex doesn't use Gorilla Glass. Only "fortified glass" as stated by Samsung.

If it did have Gorilla Glass my phone would not have the slight, barely-there-yet-so-ever-present scratch that it does. :'(

Don't beat yourself up. Gorilla Glass scratches just as easily.... I have a DX that my kid uses that can attest to that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89