What do you use your Nexus for?

Droid Brick

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering what some of you use your Galaxy Nexus for. For example, anyone using NFC tags? Anyone use wifi direct? Any cool audio/video Bluetooth setups? I'd like to think of myself as tech savvy but I really don't take advantage of some of these cool features.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than the obvious texting, browsing, and you know, using it as a phone (haha) I use my phone as my "iPod" with the Google Play Music app. It's very useful to have all of my music synced on the Google servers and to stream whatever I want Whenever I want.

Let's see, what else do I use it for....

- Flashlight using the LED and a flashlight app
- Netflix Streaming when away from home
- Used Google wallet for a little while, at least until I broke it on my phone and the novelty wore off.
- Work and personal email
- Mobile hotspot for my iPad
- identifying and remembering songs to get using the Soundhound music recognition app.
- Listening in to the Police/Emergency scanners in my area using the "scanner radio" app
- keeping track of bills/budget with the pageonce app (one of my personal favorites)
- Remote desktop to my home pcs or work pcs (for an emergency situation and if I dont happen to have my ipad with me) with Splashtop remote desktop.
- Use google shopper to ensure I'm getting the best price on pretty much anything I buy thats $50 or more (this has saved me HUNDREDS of dollars over the course of having my phone, seriosuly)
- weather updates and alerts
- Navigaion with google maps
- Note taking on the go with springpad

And the one that that I dont do with my phone at the moment that I REALLY want to is to scan my car's OBD2 problem codes with the Torqu pro app and a bluetooth obd2 plug (saves you 100 bucks on a dedicated obd2 scanning device and workes just as well if not better... awesome.)

Reactions: davey11

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Other than the obvious texting, browsing, and you know, using it as a phone (haha) I use my phone as my "iPod" with the Google Play Music app. It's very useful to have all of my music synced on the Google servers and to stream whatever I want Whenever I want.

Let's see, what else do I use it for....

- Flashlight using the LED and a flashlight app
- Netflix Streaming when away from home
- Used Google wallet for a little while, at least until I broke it on my phone and the novelty wore off.
- Work and personal email
- Mobile hotspot for my iPad
- identifying and remembering songs to get using the Soundhound music recognition app.
- Listening in to the Police/Emergency scanners in my area using the "scanner radio" app
- keeping track of bills/budget with the pageonce app (one of my personal favorites)
- Remote desktop to my home pcs or work pcs (for an emergency situation and if I dont happen to have my ipad with me) with Splashtop remote desktop.
- Use google shopper to ensure I'm getting the best price on pretty much anything I buy thats $50 or more (this has saved me HUNDREDS of dollars over the course of having my phone, seriosuly)
- weather updates and alerts
- Navigaion with google maps
- Note taking on the go with springpad

And the one that that I dont do with my phone at the moment that I REALLY want to is to scan my car's OBD2 problem codes with the Torqu pro app and a bluetooth obd2 plug (saves you 100 bucks on a dedicated obd2 scanning device and workes just as well if not better... awesome.)

I thought about using NFC tags and decided against it because really its just a novelty and I personally would have no use for them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought about using NFC tags and decided against it because really its just a novelty and I personally would have no use for them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree with you on this. I have 15 tags. I stuck them in various places including my car, office and at home. It was a novelty for about a week. The novelty wore off, I haven't touched an NFC tag with my phone in the past 3 months.

nightshaded

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I mostly use mine for day trading stocks. I use Google Wallet often, yesterday a woman at the gas station looked at me after I paid with my phone and said "are you serious? I didn't even know that was freaking possible!" that made me laugh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Poseign, have you got any battery left after all that?! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Poseign, have you got any battery left after all that?! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

haha!

Well most days I dont use my phone for every single thing on that list, but yeah my battery holds up alright :p. Plus I have chargers everywhere.... in my car, at work, at home on my comp desk, next to my bed, i even carry a cable with me in my laptop bag to charge from my lappy on the go. And I recently got an extended battery so I have my old one as a secondary battery if for some reason I decided to go camping.

Juice is really a non-issue for me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams