Glaxay Nexus battery life

ngb802

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon galaxy nexus and keep it on 3g most of the time(toggle 4g when I need it) and turn data off when I'm in WiFi keep Bluetooth off and GPS off have the screen brightness pretty low. And am using the extended 2100 mah battery. My question is how come my friends with the GS3 att and Verizon get better battery life than me? They both leave everything on and their phone dies like 11pm or later.
Also I'm running liquid jellybean ROM.
Is my phone defective?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would say its probably a wild app or a setting that needs to be changed. I have the same extended battery and have 4g on all the time (wifi when I am at home) I get 8-15 hours of use. (8 @ work because I work next to a bank and get very poor signal and have to use my gps alot)

I am also overclocked and have NFC on.

I would check your auto upload settings for the gallery and google+ and GPS settings for latitude

Reactions: ngb802

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon galaxy nexus and keep it on 3g most of the time(toggle 4g when I need it) and turn data off when I'm in WiFi keep Bluetooth off and GPS off have the screen brightness pretty low. And am using the extended 2100 mah battery. My question is how come my friends with the GS3 att and Verizon get better battery life than me? They both leave everything on and their phone dies like 11pm or later.
Also I'm running liquid jellybean ROM.
Is my phone defective?

I easily get 16+ hours on lte.
The sg3 will get better life because of the processor architecture. Its based off the A15 architecture which is a 23nm core while our A9 architecture 4460 has a 45nm core. Larger core = less energy effecient.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: ngb802

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I believe the chip set has a integrated lte chip and the s4 is a better and more efficient processor then the processor we have. Also try running a different kernel. Trinity runs great and helps my battery a lot.

Sent from my galaxy nexus running jelly bean!

sob372

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The rezound battery life is pretty good. With the standard 1620 as long as it is conditioned properly I got anywhere from 10-12 hours with moderate use. I still bought the Laza zcell 1700's for spares which are about the same if not a tad better.

Does anyone know of a good 4g toggle widget for the galaxy nexus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463