Market crashing all the sudden

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone... running vicious jellybean, everything been working fine for months...all the sudden when booting phone up, I've been getting "gapps" processes force close issues that I just hit OK and move on. Phone still worked, until I opened up play store, now it keeps force closing.
Haven't changed nothing on phone other than downloading maybe a new app.
Could an app cause this issue or is it something else?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You're running a months old version of a ported ROM, I'm surprised it was stable enough for you for this long honestly. I recommend a clean wipe and switching to a recent AOSP based ROM, such as CM10, AOKP, or Bugless Beast.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Do Roms degrade or something that I'm not aware of? I know its old version but if its working 2 months ago, working 1 month ago and working days ago...it should keep working if there's no changes right? Guess I'm gonna update

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Well there goes that...all browsers crash upon click to download any file, rom manager is not on my phone...only rom toolbox pro which is useless right now. So barring the excruciating painful slow process of doing the whole mounting to desktop....I'm F'd. So freaking flustered considering I didn't do squat to bring this on.......arggggghhhhh

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Do Roms degrade or something that I'm not aware of? I know its old version but if its working 2 months ago, working 1 month ago and working days ago...it should keep working if there's no changes right? Guess I'm gonna update

In general, if a ROM is stable enough it should not suffer any degradation over time... However, the Vicious ROM was one of that first slew of ROMs which were based on the Jellybean port from GSM devices. They were never intended to be stable, much less stable for a long period of time. It's definitely time to upgrade to an AOSP based ROM, like those I suggested earlier.

The most stable, stock and lacking in features that I would still recommend for you would be Bugless Beast. I would also say that AOKP's JB build 1 is fully stable, I've been running it since release a few weeks ago, and it's got many nice features working as well. And the CM10 nightlies are probably going to be your least stable option (though still better than the port you are running now).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane