Galaxy Nexus to the iPhone 5

cartersims

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you should read the release notes for the rom you are flashing and then you wouldn't flash one with limited functionality?

And seriously bloatware is the stupidest excuse. What does it take up 20mb of your space? Big freaking deal. If you don't like it then don't use them.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

And they run in the background a lot of the time so there is that.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My ns4g works just fine also I think either buddy a apple troll or terribly misinformed about android as in it ICS jb days

Sent from my Nexus S 4G rocking jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that impressed me about Apples lineup today was the new iPods. The new iPod touch looks really nice and those new nano's are quite awesome. The iPhone though was very lackluster. It seems like the current SGSIII is the king right now, unless the lumia 920 is really really good for windows

- - - Updated - - -

Only tech people? My buddies girlfriend doesn't know jack about hacking and she rooted her phone in 20 minutes. All you have to do is follow instructions. It's not hard

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Some people apparently don't know how to follow simple instructions. That's what gives android the bad street rep for being too complicated. People just simply can't read

speed4tu

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second nexus and haven't had any problems with either. Only on my second one because I shattered the screen by accident on the first one. I have had various android phones and every iPhone except the first one and overall been happier with the android devices. Patiently awaiting the next nexus if I don't pick up an S3 in the meantime.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No issues with my nexus at all. I will admit the iphone 5 is a fantastic device and will set record sales probably but the OS just doesnt do it for me. I like to customize my stuff too much for apples liking.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Millions of people have Android phones with zero issues. You won't find those people on a forum. You mostly only hear about the 1% of Nexus owners that have defective phones. To group all Android together is ridiculous. Many people have fully functional Nexus phones running stock ROMs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CarbonCrew

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
All this iPhone bashing. If it gets good reception and can complete more than half of the phone calls it makes then I may get one. My Nexus can do neither of these and I'm on my third.

This. All freaking day. I wonder if they tested these phones at all.

This Nexus has been such a turd from day one and there is a point each day that I want to spike it on the ground. There have been reports that the JB update helps the reception and call issues, that's if we ever get it. Assume we get it today and assume that it does fix the issues, that would put a fix coming out 10 months after release. Love Apple or hate Apple, you can bet your ass that if the iPhone had a problem a fix wouldn't roll out 10 months later and wouldn't be pushed around on Verizon's desk for God knows how long.

This Verizon/Nexus experience has severely soured my Android opinion and I am strongly considering switching over to the 5.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

This Nexus has been such a turd from day one and there is a point each day that I want to spike it on the ground. There have been reports that the JB update helps the reception and call issues, that's if we ever get it. Assume we get it today and assume that it does fix the issues, that would put a fix coming out 10 months after release. Love Apple or hate Apple, you can bet your ass that if the iPhone had a problem a fix wouldn't roll out 10 months later and wouldn't be pushed around on Verizon's desk for God knows how long.

This Verizon/Nexus experience has severely soured my Android opinion and I am strongly considering switching over to the 5.

Don't let Verizon's issues sour the android experience for you. If you're unhappy with the nexus its not androids fault. The Samsung galaxy s3 doesn't have these issues so why don't you try that phone

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've seen numerous reports of the s3 having shoddy signal on Verizon, is all about Samsung man, some of the worst radios in Android.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There wasn't anything impressive about today's iPhone 5 announcement. Apple is definitely not Steve Job's company any longer. The screen isn't going to be much larger than what they have now. As far as the technology and the features on the phone, nothing sounds new, or innovative.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I would prefer to see these companies focus less on lawsuits and more on improving and innovating their technology. I think Apple is a perfect example, they've not added anything innovative to the game for a couple years now, the "new" iPhone and iPad are proof. I would hate to see Samsung, HTC, Motorola fall into the same bad habit.

I think we definitely see the decline of Apple. As far as the lawsuits. I think we'll be up to 5G by the time they see court. Sort of like what has happened with the Apple lawsuit. The phones included in the suit are all old phones. Of course they are trying to add in newer phones after the fact now. But, as time progresses, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and LG will surpass Apple in originality, innovativeness and general design... if things continue to progress as they are now in the Android world.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
True, Motorola has the best

I see that said a lot in these forums about Motorola having the best radios. Being an owner of a Motorola Bionic, Motorola RAZR Maxx, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, and a Samsung Galaxy SIII, I can honestly say, I have very few and seldom dropped calls on either the Nexus, or the SIII. I experience similar problems regarding signal, dropped calls and especially problems with the switch between 4G and the other radios on both the Bionic and Maxx.

I am in a variety of areas as well through out the week. I travel all over CA, NV, and AZ for my job.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There wasn't anything that blew anyone's minds with the iPhone 5 debut today. No one in the Apple community has been screaming for an additional row of app icons. I partly think Apple increased the screen size so people will buy more apps due to the perception of extra room. The other part of that is to compete with Android. People like large screens.

The only interesting part was that Apple has finally lamented and gone with a 16:9 aspect ratio. I really expected them to show off widgets or some other feature of iOS 6 they've been holding back. What's telling is the stuff they didn't bring up in terms of software.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There wasn't anything that blew anyone's minds with the iPhone 5 debut today. No one in the Apple community has been screaming for an additional row of app icons. I partly think Apple increased the screen size so people will buy more apps due to the perception of extra room. The other part of that is to compete with Android. People like large screens.

The only interesting part was that Apple has finally lamented and gone with a 16:9 aspect ratio. I really expected them to show off widgets or some other feature of iOS 6 they've been holding back. What's telling is the stuff they didn't bring up in terms of software.
Isn't the screen only going to be 4?

In my opinion (I could be wrong), but I get the feeling that if Jobs was still alive and involved that phone wouldn't be released until iOS6 was ready to go and be pre-installed on the phone.

rcozzi

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Then do it already! Are you looking for someone to say that's the right thing to do? You do know you are in an Android forum don't you?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the IP5 will sell super well for Apple. I love Apple and the only thing I have that isn't Apple is my Nexus. I refuse to go to the iPhone. It would be nice to have everything the same, but the iPhone just doesn't do it for me in comparison to my Android phones. I was so expecting big stuff from the announcement today. Instead it was about as incremental of an upgrade as each of their new Mac OS's are (which is maybe why they only cost $19).

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
All I know is the iPhone will get its updates on time regardless of Verizon and won't have all that bloat ware crap. I have a gnex on Verizon now but still no jelly bean and they are now getting it in Canada.......... I may switch to iPhone for no bloat ware and updates. Idk or I may wait to see the next nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze