Sending MMS with picture

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,
Seems if I take a picture and try to send a MMS text (95 KB) it takes for ever. I can upload to Facebook quickly. Does not matter either on WiFi or 3G. Anyway to see the progress of the file transmission?
Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well if you were on wifi it wouldn't matter anyway as mms are only sent through 3g/4g. Make sure you have good signal when you're trying to send a picture

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

sbsteele

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
it "shouldn't" matter, but i personally have to turn off Wi-Fi to send any MMS message.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well if you were on wifi it wouldn't matter anyway as mms are only sent through 3g/4g. Make sure you have good signal when you're trying to send a picture

Uh... I'm pretty sure the phone does send mms over wifi when connected.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Uh... I'm pretty sure the phone does send mms over wifi when connected.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nope. It uses the 3g or 4g data. You may be connected to wifi but the mms doesn't go through it. Never has and never will. You can be connected to wifi and shut your data connection off and you won't be able to send or receive mms. Go ahead, try it.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Not stock unlocked rooted and running aokp build 1 JB.

There may be an issue of trying to hand off to your cell data when trying to send mms when you're connected to wifi.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The phone should automatically switch over to your data connection real quick in order to send it, but if you don't have a good signal it may fail or take a long time.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So this is not a ROM issue, but a connection issue?

What 3rd party app for sending pictures is good?

I turned off wifi had a 4g signal, it was sent, I will post when the person responds to the picture if it really went through.

so if we can not send with wifi- why can I receive when wifi is on or is just getting a signal from VZW?

Edited: 10:53am - person received my picture via mms and no wifi -on. guess I need to turn off each time I want to send a pic that way, that really suxs!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835