Still no OTA for me.

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone other than me still hasn't gotten their OTA for JB? How many days do you think it will take for the OTA to finish? Also is there a way of forcing it like I could on my Verizon Droid OG?

Phallacy

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: *Got the update 9/22 morning after turning on/off WiFi then clearing framework as stated on another android site. Worked first try*

Other than force closing and clearing the google services framework I don't know any other option but to wait = / . I'm in the same boat, hopefully get it sooner rather than later!

Last edited:

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You have a lot of company. I have been enjoying jelly bean on my nexus 7 since it was released, have been waiting on it forever it seems on the galaxy nexus. Hope to get it soon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is this everyone's first update from Verizon? It can take up to 14 days and the methods to force it don't work for everyone. I wait with you all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Is this everyone's first update from Verizon? It can take up to 14 days and the methods to force it don't work for everyone. I wait with you all.

No, I had the original Droid from Verizon since launch day 1 but I always installed my OTAs unofficially because the boot loader wasn't locked. I'm not used to having to wait because my incredible and Droid 3 never had an OTA before I bought the nexus.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

So used to rooting and flashing and having stuff whenever I wanted when I got the gnex decided to stay clean stock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I would, its just all my is on here and I have to wipe the device to unlock the boot loader so I just waited. My old nexus's screen cracked but it still works so I just rooted that one and installed JB a couple weeks ago.

MikeOM

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have patience since it can take awhile. The one good thing about apple is the update is available at a certain point and all can get it right then.....Of course then they break the map, but that's another story.

I think when we had the last update it took a few days for my nexus to get it so just relax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Distribution of 4.0.4 OTA update took a week or so I think.
I kind of don't understand why the update rolls slowly. We can only do it using WiFi. It shouldn't affect Verizon's network at all.

Also, I haven't received the update either. Still waiting.

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was one of the lucky ones and received the update very early on Friday morning, buy my wife also has a GNex and her phone has not received the update. This has been said before, but this proves that geographic location has nothing to do with Verizon's OTA rollout process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol