Free WiFi hotspot?

DanielGalvez

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
So I am debating on whether to flash back to stock from bug less beast to accept the official jelly bean, but the only thing holding me back is WiFi hotspot. I use the free hotspot feature on bug less beast a lot with my nexus 7, but the only hotspot app I know of on stock is foxfi but that cannot work on jelly Bean.. are there any WiFi apps (hotspot not USB tethered) that anyone knows of that can work on fully stock jelly bean? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I use a paid app SVTP. It cost to buy the app but no charge for using as a hotspot. I use all the time at work. No hotspot charges since day 1.

Offbyone

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Try using a toggle switch for the native hot spot (a widget or notification switch). It should bypass the authentication check and allow you to use the hot spot free of charge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

batt1719

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Fattin Hotspot and it turns on tethering but I don't know what the default password is or how to change it. please help

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Using Portable WiFi Hotspot by Taiseiko, free from the market. Once you set it up the first time with a pass word and link it to your target device, you are set. Hope this helps.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I unrooted, restored the factory ICS, then re-rooted. BTW I had to download the latest Android developer kit and install the latest version of clockworkmod, recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.1.0-toro.img. The older version that I had been using didn't work after I did the OTA Jelly Bean update.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Using over 40GB/month with Fattin, never charged. It can't be slower because it is just enabling the native hotspot. To change the password, change it in the native app under Settings-More-Hotspot Options

pwncpa

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Galaxy Nexus with JB and have tried all of those apps, but for all, after starting, after about 5 seconds I get an error message stating that it is unable to connect to the data network. Any other work arounds without root?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
FoxFi was fixed a while ago and works on the G'Nex just fine. Unfortunately they just made it a paid app for unlimited use. I of course still have the per update version and backup copies of the apk I made using Astro. PM me.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi was fixed a while ago and works on the G'Nex just fine. Unfortunately they just made it a paid app for unlimited use. I of course still have the per update version and backup copies of the apk I made using Astro. PM me.

Just want to voice my opinion here -- I don't think it's appropriate to share APKs to old versions just because they removed unlimited hotspot use from the free version. The developers have to be supported somehow, and if you use FoxFi enough to pass their limit for the free version, you should pay for the full version. I'm a developer myself, and I'm repeatedly disappointed when I see people sharing APKs to get around paying for the application.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Your "opinion" is duly noted. But the APK in question is for the "free" version of the app so there's no ethical grey area at all. I've never shared a paid app and never will.

j3aws

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the new motorola razr maxx hd with jellybean. This is the only one I got to work. Thanks

Hi I am new here. I also have razr maxx HD and have the update ready to jump to JB but I am holding off until I have a viable option to tether. You mentioned in the above quote you are on JB and that is the only one that you got to work. If you do not mind can you be more specific what is the only one you got to work, wifi tether for rooted Users?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800