Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings, Fixes & Tricks

MillieD

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Jelly Bean 4.1: Queries, Shortcomings and Fixes

Re Document Viewer-- I have the same problem. With JB, when I try to open PDFs, I get messages that the document viewer either "has stopped" or "failed to open." Glad to hear it works with newly downloaded files, though.

itskristii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Is there anyway at all to uninstall this? I hate it so much!!!! I miss my pull down notification thingy that i use to have. this one sucks and is so ugly :( also i hate the way screens pop up now, its just not pleasant. I hate it so much :(( anyway to fix any of the problems? especially with the pull down notifications... thats what bothers me the most.

dcyamaha

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how to get the keyboard to display punctuation? In ICS, after every space, punctuation would display in hte predictive text area, but no more. What gives? now I have to hold down the period to get the correct punctuation?

Any advice?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

General comment. Make sure to restart your phone after the 4.1 install. Many quirks go away with a restart.

kmoore099

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

NYC G-Nex
I was prompt to update to JB 4.1 last night via Wi-Fi on my Verizon G-Nex
After I rebooted, I noticed my boot-up animation had changed from the flying Samsung colored panels, to the Google Nexus illuminated "X".
I'm not complaining, but I did like the Samsung panels.
Can I get the original boot animation back without rooting?

DCABuckeye

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I've searched to try to find the answer to this, but am coming up empty. What happened to the desk clock in the clock menu? It's no longer available. Very cool feature removed. Darn.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Has the camera improved a bit? I just tried it and it seems faster and the pictures look sharper, although I only took a picture of my leg while I was sitting at the desk Just seems to work better.
Anyone else notice this?

Darenth

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Updated to Jelly Bean this morning. Sadly all the changes I've noticed I don't like and my Flash Games dont work anymore. Is there a way to roll back to the previous version? Can anyone help with this or point me in the right direction?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Updated to Jelly Bean this morning. Sadly all the changes I've noticed I don't like and my Flash Games dont work anymore. Is there a way to roll back to the previous version? Can anyone help with this or point me in the right direction?

It could be that the flash games you have need to be updated by the developer. My Gnex had flash and as far as I can tell it still has it because the older stock browser can still use flash. Besides flash games not working what other changes don't you like?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I too preferred the old boot-up animation. I would love to have it back also.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

i like the no BS new one. the old boot up, to me, looked like the system was struggling to start. going on and on with complex slates floating in space. as if it was a visual graph of all the crap that android had to load up before it was ready to work. the new one is simple, looks to load faster and isn't annoying!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I too preferred the old boot-up animation. I would love to have it back also.

Meh. I actually like the new animation. It seems a little more polished. But I would have preferred that it was just a little larger, though.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Meh. I actually like the new animation. It seems a little more polished. But I would have preferred that it was just a little larger, though.

I love the new X. Classy imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who really want to downgrade it is an option if you unlock you can fastboot the old stock images... check the return to stock thread... you'll need to ignore ota (you could also try themes)

If Google has removed the old stock images I believe they can still be found...

I'm guessing you'll get used to it so I wouldn't bother ( If things are weird you can reset it can help)

Chances are... you'll like this version a lot better...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
anyone else notice that it takes 3x longer to boot up your gnex now? or is it just me?

mine hangs at the google screen for close to 3 min then to the nee X screen for another 30 sec.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
anyone else notice that it takes 3x longer to boot up your gnex now? or is it just me?

mine hangs at the google screen for close to 3 min then to the nee X screen for another 30 sec.

It should improve over time.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It should improve over time.

yeah? why is it doing it? im just curious as to the reason.

the first time I booted after the JB installed sunday it was 3x longer then normal and after 3 days same long boot time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech