Keyboard issue/ change in JB

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I figured I would share this tip, since I just upgraded my GNex to JB. I was frustrated because the keyboard in JB was suggesting the next word rather than showing punctuation options, which I find enormously helpful in not having to flip to the second keyboard screen.

Anyway, you can toggle this back to the old ICS setting if you want. Settings --> Personal --> Language and input --> Android keyboard slider button --> Advanced settings --> Next word prediction (on or off toggle).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not sure I would ever choose this option though as I love the word prediction. Out of curiosity though, what punctuation options do you need that are not available by holding down the "." key on the main keyboard? There are a dozen or so in there. I rarely if ever have to go to the 2nd keyboard screen ..

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't realized it was an option to hold down the period key. I still prefer having the punctuation options at the top. It gives you "," ";" ":" "?" and "!", which is all I need 90% of the time. I may experiment with word prediction, but I didn't find that it was guessing correctly very often.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't realized it was an option to hold down the period key. I still prefer having the punctuation options at the top. It gives you "," ";" ":" "?" and "!", which is all I need 90% of the time. I may experiment with word prediction, but I didn't find that it was guessing correctly very often.

If it is anything like Swiftkey, then its prediction abilities may get better with time after observing your personal typing style. I know Swiftkey certainly does that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX