Dead pixels????

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
What are these squares on the bottom left hand side of my screen? Is it dead pixels or just the picture? I have the same exact picture on my computer and it doesn't look like that
ysa2ary7.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post Merged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:32 PM ----------

WOW it doesnt even show up on here i guess its just my eyes

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No, its just that pixels are PHYSICAL, and this screenshot is DIGITAL. In other words, the system takes a snapshot of what it is rendering to the display, not of what is physically displayed. ;)

If you see anything at all in this image (I see nothing), then it's not dead pixels. However, if the screen on your phone looks different than this photo (I'd suggest comparing them PC to phone, since the dead pixels will always be in the same place on the phone -- even if your viewing a photo), then the problem is in the screen.

EDIT: Well, I guess "is in the screen" might not be entirely accurate. Someone with more technical knowledge of Android can correct me, but I suppose the problem could be with the realtime render or the digitizer and not "dead pixels". But I'd wager on dead pixels over that, especially if they are stationary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12