Camera issues (not saving pictures) and voice quality issues since JB update

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Any idea on how to fix these two issues?

1) The camera app no longer works. Stock camera app acts if it's taking a picture (the animation slides the still off the screen) but I can't seem to find it in the gallery, and the thumbnail picture in the app doesn't show the picture which was just taken (as it did previously). HDCamera fails to work as well, giving an error box of "can not save".

2) My call quality has severely degraded since the update. Most calls now have static, and I have to attempt 2 or 3 times to get a decent connection. I've noticed that on longer calls (conference calls for work and such) I get a high pitched tone on the line after 20 or 30 mins. Never had this issue before, use is the same, battery charge, calls made from the same location (my couch at home) as before... the only thing I know that has changed in the OS in this case.

I searched for resolution to these issues in the forum, and on Google... not seeing anything reported like this though.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
When it shows the little picture in the bottom right corner after you snap a photo what happens if you tap on it?

rlhammon

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've gotten no help on this issue... I went to Verizon and they suggested doing a Factory Reset. The Factory Reset did fix the Camera issue, but not the voice call quality issue I was having. Nobody seems to know how to fix this, or I haven't found the answer if it's posted somewhere... Verizon had nothing.

Today I decided to go back to ICS, because I can't make calls on my phone for more than 20 mins before I have to hang up. I'm hoping since I'm not back on a stock Verizon ICS image I'll get the update OTA, and JB will work fine. Wondering how long I have to wait now that I've back to ICS.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you didn't get the help you were looking for but this seems to be another odd one-off situation. I have to say I've seen more "one-off" bugs etc. with the OTA's than I hear about in the rooting/roming community. Anyway, you said, "since I'm NOT back on a stock Verizon." If that is correct and assuming you have a custom recovery, you will not be able to accept an OTA update. If you meant you are on a stock ICS image you should try the "trick" that some people found sucessful in the update thread. If you are unlocked/rooted, why not flash a stable custom JB rom such as Bugless Beast, AOKP, CM10, CNA and see if you're happier.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty