how to "wipe" all data out on my phone??

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Am finally trading in my GNEX under the warranty....I have to bring it in and have VZ verify that the sound over BT is terrible, they'll swap me.

How do I ensure that all traces of my phone book, memos, etc are gone from the phone? Can this data be xferred to the new phone first by the service dept? Or should I just do a factory reset myself??

tx

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset will wipe everything for you. If you're rooted, use Titanium Backup and/or Mybackup for root users to make a copy of your apps + app data. If not rooted, there's not much you can do as for backing up app data but you can backup everything else on the phone that you would need with just the non root version of MyBackup Pro.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ware.android.MyBackupPro&hl=en&token=13oGUSL7

Personally, I don't like having sales technicians seeing my info or erasing my phone for me... I rather factory reset the phone myself.

Also to add.. since the GNex doesn't have a removable sd card.. after MyBackup stores everything to the internal storage.. you will need to transfer over the contents to a computer or something.. then when you receive the new phone.. you can transfer it back.