Does anyone know how too fix the gps lock on issue? Please help

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I am running a stock none rooted jelly bean updated galaxy nexus CDMA Verizon. My GPS well take any where from 5min to an hour to lock on. I tried all the wifi tricks even went location services and turned them on and off also even cleared data on Google maps and still the same. Anyone have a fix that does not involve rooting. Or a factory reset tried that too and nothing. Thanks for any help I can get.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
+1 GPS Status, clear the the agps data then download it back... The app will explain this. Also don't know if you do but leave gps on all the time as it only uses battery when it's being actively used. If you just turn it on when you need it I've found it locks on a lot faster.

Sent from a Nexus Galaxy far away...

rickcent

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I added "gps test" and "gps booster"....ran them a couple of time...rebooted
now my nexus with jelly bean gps seem to run ok. i am using "mapswithme" as my offline gps map

rearless

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the Settings -> Location Services, uncheck, recheck solution? After a Google search for the same issues, I found that and it worked for me.

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have also tried that and it did nothing. Idk people say root but I'm not comfortable rooting. Looks like I'll have to wait it out for the next nexus.

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Did it work before JB? Last resort: You might see what they say at the VZW store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I went to Verizon store and they said Samsung is the only ones who van fix it. Of course they said that so I just left I'm not doing the run around .... haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie