Google Now Notifications

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've had Jelly Bean for about a week and I've fully configured Google Now with all of my settings for home, work, notifications, etc. The problem I'm having is that I don't get anything in the notification screen even though I have cards waiting for me in Google Now.

For example I have the weather card set to appear in the morning and evening. The notification is set to low priority. When I woke up this morning there was no notification but when I went into Google Now, the weather card was waiting for me. I've dismissed the weather card several times and when it reappears there is still nothing notifying me.

The same thing happens for commutes to work and home. Card appears, but no notifications even though they are set in settings.

Anyone else having this problem or know of something I may not be doing?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
When I get a weather notification from Google now it doesn't show an icon in the top left corner of my phone but once I pull down the notification tray it is sitting there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I think that is what "low priority" and "standard" notifications settings refer to. A low priority notification will just appear in the tray but not alert you with a sound or icon.

However, for me, there is nothing in the tray for any card even though the card appears in Google Now and the notifications are set to either "low priority" or "standard".

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Weather and "Time to work, etc" notifications seem to occur almost randomly for me too, lol, I know what you mean. Can't say I know the reasons.. would be nice if it were more consisten one way or the other I guess but its not something I've paid too much mind to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12