the "Old Nexus"

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Alright so all this talk about the new nexus is kinda making me jealous. I just got the galaxy nexus a few months ago when I signed with Verizon and I really like it. But I've seen what happens to the support when a new flagship phone releases. Maybe I'm just whining or maybe I'm not the only one. But who knows, just sharing my thought .

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well.. Nexus phones so far have followed this pattern, being announced/released around the end of the year, so you could have seen that coming :)

But in terms of support you have nothing to worry about. The Gnex will continue to receive the latest version of Android until at least next winter. Yes the Verizon one will get it about 2 months after the others, as that seems to be the time they take to approve OTA's, but rest assured you will get Android OS updates for the next year+
:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. the nexus S which was released almost 2 years ago was upgraded to JB shortly after it was released. Yes, the CDMA (vzw and sprint) are the red-headed stepchildren of the nexus family, but they are still a nexus and will be #5-ish in line to get the latest updates. only behind the GSM nexus S, galaxy nexus, nexus 7, and xoom and maybe some asus tablets.
but it WILL be the first device to get updated to the latest android version on the VZW network.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
there is also the root option;
This phone has a huge development community behind it and i don't see that changing for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney