orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
We already have:

• LTE
  • Removable battery
  • More storage
  • Similar form factor

The internals and the screen will be better, maybe the camera will too but I'm just not seeing a compelling reason to jump to the rumored next Nexus. Am I the only one not ready to move to a LG based on what we're seeing today?

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't even think about this just yet. The fact that there is supposedly no LTE on this phone is a little far fetched to me, especially these days with Verizon and AT&T greatly expanding their LTE networks on the road to replacing 3G entirely. Once we hear official word from Google or LG, I think we'll be getting a different story.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't even think about this just yet. The fact that there is supposedly no LTE on this phone is a little far fetched to me, especially these days with Verizon and AT&T greatly expanding their LTE networks on the road to replacing 3G entirely. Once we hear official word from Google or LG, I think we'll be getting a different story.

I'm guessing all the leaks and rumors were international Nexus and can't imagine they wouldn't have LTE on the US version. Still won't buy one though because it's a LG, but that's just me.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I wont get it, not because it isnt much better than mine nexus, because it is in many ways, but because its not $300 (what verizon will charge) better then mine :)

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Have to agree with this view.....I too would be more than a little surprised if there were NO LTE version of the next Nexus phone. Regardless of all the "issues" that have been claimed with the VZW LTE variant of the GNex and VZW being later in releasing the JB update behind the GSM variants, I honestly don't think there have been significant/serious enough issues with LTE that there wouldn't be a new variant with this next Nexus release. Could THIS potentially be where the multiple manufacturer rumors come into play?!? LG produces a GSM variant and an LTE variant is still to come from Samsung/Moto/HTC?? Just one mans speculation, no basis for it what so ever...... :)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they passed on LTE this time due to the miserable experience with the first attempt. Let's face it...the LTE version of the Galaxy Nexus has been anything but spectacular.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

There are technically three Galaxy Nexus devices (more if you count by codename).

Play Store/International model with HSPA+ support
Verizon model with CDMA and LTE support
Sprint model with CDMA and LTE support

We're only hearing about one version of the LG Nexus. ;)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The biggest turn off for me is 8 or 16 mg memory. 32 is my bare minimum. The cloud sucks. I also doubt that Google will feel any real pressure to make a version that works on Verizon. The whole Nexus platform probably accounts for less than 5% (that's a pure guess) of android devices, and I don't think that Verizon will ever again want a non bloated phone outside of the iphone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The biggest turn off for me is 8 or 16 mg memory. 32 is my bare minimum. The cloud sucks. I also doubt that Google will feel any real pressure to make a version that works on Verizon. The whole Nexus platform probably accounts for less than 5% (that's a pure guess) of android devices, and I don't think that Verizon will ever again want a non bloated phone outside of the iphone.

I'd like to see the numbers.

Play Store Galaxy Nexus units sold vs. Verizon Galaxy Nexus units sold.

Verizon might not want an Android phone they couldn't put bloat on, but depending on how well the Verizon Galaxy Nexus sold, Google may want to be on Verizon.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I think that Verizon will continue to carry the Nexus line, simply because they are the giant of the American wireless providers. Google is not dumb enough to not launch their flagship phone on the "biggest, most reliable" carrier.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I also think the 8GB thing is a bit far fetched too. I'll believe it when I see it. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see manufacturers and service providers work hand in hand to force users into the "cloud" as much as possible to maximize on data usage fees. But 8GB would barely hold the OS and a few apps. I have 6.5 GB of music on my GNex now and the Maps app alone is almost 200Mb.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I think that Verizon will continue to carry the Nexus line, simply because they are the giant of the American wireless providers. Google is not dumb enough to not launch their flagship phone on the "biggest, most reliable" carrier.

This. Verizon makes money from contracts. Why do they care how well a phone sells? They wanted the iphone so people wouldn't jump ship. If they don't carry a nexus and another carrier does, that's another reason to lose customers, albeit the number pales in comparison to the number of iphone users.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a big on-device storage guy so even 8 GB should be enough for me, but I see no reason to move until my GNex breaks. It's fast, has the latest technology like NFC, beautiful screen, and I get more than enough battery life from it for my life. If something happens to it, I have an upgrade in my pocket, thankfully. So my hopes would be that the LG Nexus eventually comes to VZW!

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I dont think it will come to verizon unless they actually let google handle the update.....as in, the nexus gets it update the same time the GSM nexus get it....not 3 months later.

but i have a hard time seeing this NOT having LTE. especially with AT&T being GSM and having LTE. it would be downright silly not to.

as for the other things. people need to realize this is still a prototype. things may change. they arent going to waste money throwing 32gb of storage on a prototype device.
i have a feeling 16gb will be the minimum.
battery will still be un-removable which, as long as the battery life isn't horrible, itn't a deal breaker for me.
and there WONT be an SD card.....get over it.

IMO, the internals are impressive to say the least...but the physical appearance leaves a little to be desired to me. the Gnex is still the best looking phone out there IMO. this is a little better with the build materials, but the design just isn't as nice IMO. hopefully this changes a little with the final product.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a really hard time believing that Verizon will get one. I'm silently hopeful, but have already resigned myself to shopping around in order to get the next Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
If they dont get another one, then I will have to get a high end non nexus phone and go back to rooting/ROMing... cause I aint giving up my unlimited data, Alltel priced, corporate (17%) discounted, family plan.... until they force me to :)

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
If, and I still think this is a big if, Verizon does not get future Nexus devices, I will hope Samsung continues to kill it with their Galaxy S line. The GSIII is nasty, and I hope they they continue to make impressive devices. I LOVE my GNEX, but I will not change providers should Big Red not get the Nexus. I would just go back to being a normal phone kinda guys I guess. I mean, there is always the Nexus 7 I can tinker with, right?

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I think 16gb is all I need for storage. I have two 32gb devices with less than half the storage available being used. The camera, CPU, screen and battery life will be better on the LG Nexus. I'm not switching because I'm under contract But if I could I would buy this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781