Super long boot up

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I posted in another thread after 4.1.1 about the long boot up times and 2def assured me that they would go away after some time. well I thought it did...but it didnt....

I have to do 3 restarts back to back to get it to boot quickly. when I do my daily morning restart it takes 5 to 10 and sometimes 15min to start up.
its really not acceptable...

I was trying to use navigation to find an address for work (I kind of knew where the street was but not the location of the building).. navigation locked up so I did a restart.......took it 10 min to restart I was already on the street before it even got to the Nexus X boot screen.

what should I do? I flashed back the stock kernel to see if that was an issue (its not)....will a factory reset do anything? I dont want to since I finally have it setup they way I like...is there any other options though?\

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. Shouldn't take 5+ minutes for the phone to boot up. I have a suspicion Google found some minor issues with 4.1.1 and hence 4.1.2 is rolling out so soon after.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been on an AOKP 4.1.2 for a few days and it's killer. I've never had ridiculously long boot times, though. Definitely longer on JB roms, but nothing crazy. I've also never had my GPS lockup etc to require a reboot. Only time my phone reboots is if I'm flashing something. Why do you do "daily reboots?" LOL. This isn't a BB Storm...

Also, what do you mean you do "3 restarts back to back to get it to boot quickly?" That doesn't make any sense.

Guess I only have questions and not answers, but other than reports of JB taking longer to boot than ICS I haven't heard of any issues.

drkokandy

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine occasionally takes an eternity to reboot too. One time when I was completely lost - ended up waiting for it to start up for about ~15 minutes. It's really worrying me, especially since mine sometimes reboots on its own.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been on an AOKP 4.1.2 for a few days and it's killer. I've never had ridiculously long boot times, though. Definitely longer on JB roms, but nothing crazy. I've also never had my GPS lockup etc to require a reboot. Only time my phone reboots is if I'm flashing something. Why do you do "daily reboots?" LOL. This isn't a BB Storm...

Also, what do you mean you do "3 restarts back to back to get it to boot quickly?" That doesn't make any sense.

Guess I only have questions and not answers, but other than reports of JB taking longer to boot than ICS I haven't heard of any issues.

the device is like a computer. if you leave it on and never turn it off it gets bogged down. probably dont need to do a restart everyday, but its part of my daily routine.

as for the back to back restarts. if I do ONE restart it takes 5-10 sometimes 15min, then right after that if I do another RIGHT AFTER its still very slow, on the 3rd reboot RIGHT AFTER the 2nd it boots in under 30sec. if I leave it and dont reboot for about an hour or so it goes back to 5+min reboot times. do you understand now?