road runner email?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
finnaly converted my friend over to android he got the galaxy nexus for almost nothing. and i prommised him all his email would go on with no problems. got his work email on there without an issue. but im getting stuck adding in his roadrunner email. i personally use gmail for everthing so i never had this problem before. i called roadrunner spoak to some lady who swore i must have spelt somthing wrong and then hung up. how nice :( im using the following settings if anyone has any insight. it would be greatly appricated it adds in ok but wont pull down any mail and after 10 mins it gives me an connection errror. im lost ?

Incomming
User Name: myusername
Password: required
Pop3 server: pop-server.rochester.rr.com
Security Type: none
Port: 110
Delete e-mail from server: Never

Outgoing
SMTP Server: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
Security Type: None
Port: 587
Require sign-in (check box)
user name: myusername@rochester.rr.com
Password: required

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah i sudjusted. that but my friend has his heart set on the stock mail client.
i might have found my problem when i go to set the outgoing port to 25 as soon as i click save it keeps putting it back to 587. any way to force it to 25?

GUHoya94

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know with the stock client, each is different. Can he not send or not receive mail?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
cannot recieve or send email. the funny thing is k9 app set and worked fine. but he couldnt stand the ugly ui and frankly i dont blame him.

Schreiberex

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to get Roadrunner email till a couple days ago, now my Casio Gzone will not connect to server. Spent 2 1/2 hours on chat help wit RR with no luck... 587, 25 doesn't seem to make any difference. Any ideas?

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Those settings are good to go. I have zero issues with the same port #s. But I'm on the CA.RR.COM server for the California pop server.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Teresa Corbin

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I went to the Cincinnati Bell store today with my new Android. I cannot receive email from roadrunner, it says cannot connect to the server. Yet, it has the settings everyone is telling me about. For about a day my Gmail account had my roadrunner mail and now does not. Can anyone tell me how to set up my Android so that it will receive my roadrunner email in gmail?

Frustrated with Android in Ohio....

cincidavej

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem with my Android smartphone from Cincinnati Bell ... I can't check my roadrunner email over the CB cellular network. So I called CB today and talked with technical support. They are aware of the problem and a lot of customers are reporting it. They said engineers from both companies are trying to solve the problem, but don't know when that might happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty