Use a VZW Galaxy Nexus with JB and ask Google Now this question: "When is the world going to end?"

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Use a VZW Galaxy Nexus with JB and ask Google Now this question: "When is the world going to end?"

Use a Verizon Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean and ask Google Now this question: "When is the world going to end?"

It will speak the answer.... December 21, 2012.

Here's what I don't understand, I cannot get it to speak that answer if I use a GSM Galaxy Nexus that has
Jelly Bean manually flashed.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Use a VZW Galaxy Nexus with JB and ask Google Now this question: "When is the world going to end

if you have the gsm version you will be spared i guess.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Use a VZW Galaxy Nexus with JB and ask Google Now this question: "When is the world going to end

Reads it aloud on 3 different GSM Galaxy Nexus phones here. Check your settings for Now/Voice and make sure its set to speak always, and check TTS settings to make sure you have an engine set up.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Use a VZW Galaxy Nexus with JB and ask Google Now this question:

Doesn't read the answer on my VZW GN with 4.1.1. I don't even get a card. Just search results.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site

How do you even get Google now to speak back to you?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

say something like this "is it going to snow in Honolulu tomorrow?"

Google Now will reply by saying "no, snow is not expected in Honolulu tomorrow" followed by the usual weather forecast...

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

open google now, scroll down to bottom, click the 3 dots, choose settings, click voice, click speech output, choose always.

while there you should also check hotword detection and personalized recognition.

hotword detection makes google now listen so that when you say "google" on the google now screen it'll capture your answer. personalized recognition uses your past searches and the sound of your voice to get better at understanding you.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

open google now, scroll down to bottom, click the 3 dots, choose settings, click voice, click speech output, choose always.

while there you should also check hotword detection and personalized recognition.

hotword detection makes google now listen so that when you say "google" on the google now screen it'll capture your answer. personalized recognition uses your past searches and the sound of your voice to get better at understanding you.

too bad Google Now only seems to speak English for now.... it can't speak any other languages that I changed to... in fact, if I change the Galaxy Nexus main settings to another other language, Google Now simply doesn't work. (other than bringing up silent search results... no navigation, no nothing)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Reads it aloud on 3 different GSM Galaxy Nexus phones here. Check your settings for Now/Voice and make sure its set to speak always, and check TTS settings to make sure you have an engine set up.

Any advantages to using Pico TTS over Google TTS? I thought it would change the voice of google now, but it the same woman's voice (which I like well enough).

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Any advantages to using Pico TTS over Google TTS? I thought it would change the voice of google now, but it the same woman's voice (which I like well enough).

I wish there's a way to get UK English voice feedback. :)

By the way, my birthday just happens to be December 21, which is why I'm worried and not worried. :D :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692