So now that there is no Verizon Nexus 4, what are you going to do/get?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I like the idea of the Nexus and was looking forward to the new one (although not crazy about the non-removable battery). But now no Nexus 4 for us Verizoners. So what are you all going to do? I'm considering the RAZR Maxx HD for its long battery life. I still don't like the non-removable battery for when I go on vacation and work trips and am away from the charger.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Wait a month, figure out what to do with the Galaxy Nexus, purchase the Nexus 4 on a whim regardless lol

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Wait a month, figure out what to do with the Galaxy Nexus, purchase the Nexus 4 on a whim regardless lol

What happens in a month that will tell you what to do with your current nexus? And if you can't run the Nexus4 on Verizon why would you get it? Or are you on another network?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What happens in a month that will tell you what to do with your current nexus? And if you can't run the Nexus4 on Verizon why would you get it? Or are you on another network?

In a month my financial situation becomes much clearer.

I'd get it because I've been contemplating a switch from Verizon anyway.

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hang around for the last few months of my contract and decide if I want to experiment with Windows Phone. My family covers my line while I'm in Uni so I can't do much about leaving for GSM quite yet.

uscsailor

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got two more years until my contract expires. After that I will surely move to T-Mobile or Straight Talk. For sure not staying on Verizon. There is enough WiFi around me for me to not miss their network

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

StarfishP

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Wait it out for a couple months! They'll eventually release an lte version.... One can only dream.....

Armada

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think it might be wise for me to jump to the $30/month T-Mobile 5GB prepaid. Didn't know that existed! Time to start saving now I guess.

dphorgan2#AC

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Current GNexus owner. I had my hopes up with the Nexus 4. But hey, what can you do? I guess Google decided they don't want to sell the Nexus 4 in the US :-?. Note 2 looks good, but is so BIG! like someone said before, HTC. I've had HTC phones before, they are great.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not the type that has to have a new toy all the time.
I'll keep my Nexus until my contract is up and beyond that if there is nothing out that I feel is worth buying.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, wait a bit before you make this judgement. Didn't the GNex come out in 8/16 gb on other carriers then Verizon came out with a 32 gb? I have a feeling that could happen here, too.

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Current GNexus owner. I had my hopes up with the Nexus 4. But hey, what can you do? I guess Google decided they don't want to sell the Nexus 4 in the US :-?. Note 2 looks good, but is so BIG! like someone said before, HTC. I've had HTC phones before, they are great.

They still sell in the US but Verizon and sprint destroyed the point of the nexus program with their delayed updating and such its good if Google skips cdma carriers who pull that crap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thinking of jumping from my gnex on vzw to AT&T, get the Note 2 on contract and buy the 8GB Nexus 4 for flashing stuff. I'm glad we have lots of cool choices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Wait it out for a couple months! They'll eventually release an lte version.... One can only dream.....

More like another year. I think it's been pretty much confirmed that we will see no LTE Nexus this time around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz