Since JB update, have you experienced signal drops like before the update?

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I know this was somewhat addressed before when the update came out, but I am wondering if the android 4.1 update fixed most everyone's signal dropping issues while having 4G enabled? I know I read where it seems to have improve speeds and connection connectivity for many and I haven't noticed near (if any) people really complaining about it since then. However the reason I'm inquiring about this now is because I'm on my third replacement gnex and over the past couple of days I have noticed I have lost all signal with 4G enabled a few times. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but all of the times that I have lost it I believe have been when I have the phone in landscape mode and my hand is kinda over the antenna..I know I read a while back where this caused signal loss for some..? I've actually lost signal twice while typing this in landscape mode. Anyway I just think it's ridiculous. This is the reason I returned my first gnex but it seemed to lose signal in any position. Then I got two units that seemed perfect signal wise but had screen defects. This replacement has the best screen out of the three..most comparable to my original in fact. Guess you have to choose one or the other with this phone..screen quality or solid connection? I'm just tired of going through the return process and playing "Russian roulette" with these things.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually this thread was what I was referring to. However interestingly while I was searching for this thread I lost signal while having the phone in portrait mode with hands away from antenna area..sigh.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/180831-death-grip.html

I cannot believe that signal loss is still a problem with this phone. My very first model was made in China. Next two replacements were made in Korea but had the screen defects. This last one was made in China but apparently has the same signal issue as my original. Unbelievable.

Attached picture is a screen shot of signal lost event from just yesterday and today..obviously has been much more frequent today so far..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352393368302.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352393368302.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 21

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
FWIW my first and only gnex had similar issues that self resolved... try a new simm first

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rxmorph

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
FWIW my first and only gnex had similar issues that self resolved... try a new simm first

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info. I may wait it out a while longer and see if mine will hopefully self resolve itself as well. It surprisingly (and knock on wood) hasn't lost all signal since my post yesterday morning so we'll see. I will try the SIM card thing after if it's still doing it. I initially got a new SIM card with my first gnex but it didn't help it at all so that's why I ultimately decided to return it. Have been using same SIM card since and like I said was perfect signal wise in last two devices. *crosses fingers*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692