What would be a fair selling price?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am debating on selling my VZW Galaxy Nexus on Craig's List. What do you think would be the price I should ask for it? It is only 6 months old and in near perfect condition. Some minor surface scratches on the borders none on the screen.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
About tree fitty.

Sorry couldn't resist. Realistically maybe anywhere from 200-300 based on what I've seen recently, and on the condition and any extras you have for inclusion (case, extra battery, etc). I checked swappa.com the other day to see what they're going for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree, 200-300 depending on overall condition and extras, I'm planning on selling mine and it's in excellent condition with an otterbox case two standard batteries and an OEM extended battery and 2 chargers, hopefully I get at lease 250

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess I could include my 2x stock batteries, 2x 3800mAh batteries, 2x 2250mAh Andida batteries, Seidio case for extended batteries, and Ringke Slim case. Maybe another $50?

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess I could include my 2x stock batteries, 2x 3800mAh batteries, 2x 2250mAh Andida batteries, Seidio case for extended batteries, and Ringke Slim case. Maybe another $50?

Sounds about right :) Especially if it's in mint condition with all those extras you should get a decent return

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I got a gnex on ebay last week for 220. Its cherry. The date of mfgr is 07/12 under the batt, so its pretty new. About 20 mins to the end me and another guy start a small bidding war. Started at about 180 then luckily the guy gave up at 220 but if you get 2 or 3 guys bidding, and they are into it, the price could get pretty high.
On craigslist you get one call at a time and you have to decide to take his lowball offer or not or wait for another call. I would say try out ebay. I dunno how their fees work but you get more action on ebay imo.

Check out Swappa.com also....some good action there too.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my spare VZW Galaxy Nexus at Gazelle back in August.
They offered $137, plus a 5% bonus because I requested the payement
via Amazon gift card. It was quick and painless. The gift card balance
was deposited to my Amazon account two days after they received the
phone. I could have gotten $50 or $70 more by selling on eBay, Craigslist
or elsewhere, but I didn't have the time or energy to deal with it.

Wipe the phone before getting rid of your phone. :)

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I thought this too. I was looking to do an in-store trade in, so I called the corporate store in my area to make sure and found out it ($117) is wrong. In their system, the CDMA model is only going for $88 and the GSM model is going for $131. :(

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
If anyone wants to unload their nexus for what vzw ($117) or gazelle ($137) is offering, and its in vg condition or better, then pm me. I have 2800+ feedback on eBay and will pay under same terms as vzw or gazelle - money sent after receipt and confirmation of phone condition and able to be activated.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a chance to get a mint vzw gn for 200 . . I've read the reviews but I like personal interaction - what are some of your experiences with yours; good phone or what do you see as drawbacks? Thanks!

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a chance to get a mint vzw gn for 200 . . I've read the reviews but I like personal interaction - what are some of your experiences with yours; good phone or what do you see as drawbacks? Thanks!

The camera is fine in a bright place, but for low light is horrendous. The radio isn't as good as, say, on a Motorola device. Those are the only two faults, and I think the benefits outweigh the negatives by a long shot. I love my gnex, and if I had to do it again, I would.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums