Wifi tethering question...

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If WiFi tethering is working for ur gnex what device are u tethering?

ie.. laptop, android tablet, iPad

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If WiFi tethering is working for ur gnex what device are u tethering?

ie.. laptop, android tablet, iPad

A desktop, a laptop, two Android tablets, a Microsoft Surface, an iPad, a Windows phone, and two Xbox 360 consoles.

As well as almost every device I use in a retail environment.

Why do you ask?

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's why I ask...I've used 9 different tethering apps with my ipad...and they all work the first day flawlessly and then the next day the app no longer works...the other day I tethered my laptop, and it worked with no problem, after the app stopped working with the ipad...so it made me wonder if something with the ipad could be the problem, but if u and others with ipad's don't have an issue then I'm back to where I started....my nexus was completely stock til last week...and the problems started when my ipad got IOS6 and my nexus got jelly bean, if u own both then u know it happened around the same time...I'm unlocked and rooted now, and the tethering still doesn't work...

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
devices that I tether routinely: (daily or weekly)

Windows PC
Chromebook laptop
Android tablet
Samsung 46" Smart TV(for streaming Netflix and Hulu)
Roku XD (for streaming MLB)
Dish Network DVR

devices that I tether only occasionally: (once a month)

Belkin smart plug
Zojirushi rice cooker with remote access
Sony Blu-ray player
Roku 2 XD
Windows laptop
Sony Playstation3(for system updates)

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for ur reply...anyone else tethering an ipad

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for ur reply...anyone else tethering an ipad

There is no reason why an iPad can't be tethered to a Galaxy Nexus. :)
I have the 64GB iPad 2 with AT&T 3G, so I never had a reason to tether it via WiFi.
If you want, I'll try it when I get home to night. :)

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have tethered a few iPhones, but not an iPad (shouldn't be a difference should it?) My Wife used to tether her iPhone 4 to my GN a few times a week.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
yea I agree, but I can't figure out why it works the first time I install a tethering app, and not work the next day...

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
There is no reason why an iPad can't be tethered to a Galaxy Nexus. :)
I have the 64GB iPad 2 with AT&T 3G, so I never had a reason to tether it via WiFi.
If you want, I'll try it when I get home to night. :)
yea I agree, but I can't figure out why it works the first time I install a tethering app, and not work the next day...

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have tethered a few iPhones, but not an iPad (shouldn't be a difference should it?) My Wife used to tether her iPhone 4 to my GN a few times a week.

I'm not sure, I'm but it will work the first day, then the next day it will connect, but the internet will be slow to non-existent...

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

I turned on wifi tethering tonight and my iPad 2 connected to it just fine. Streamed a few videos and didn't see any problems.
Will try it again and see if the problem you're describing shows up. :)

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Using the built-in wireless tethering in AOKP ROM. Works very well. Have tethered my iPad and a few laptops to it.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Using the built-in wireless tethering in AOKP ROM. Works very well. Have tethered my iPad and a few laptops to it.

yea I'm rooted but I don't have one of those popular custom roms...I'm waiting for a 4.2 rom that doesn't have any bugs...I've been using switchpro widget since I got the nexus in Dec. it stopped working when I got Jellybean or IOS6 but now that I unlocked and rooted, it looks as if it may be working...

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
yea I'm rooted but I don't have one of those popular custom roms...I'm waiting for a 4.2 rom that doesn't have any bugs...I've been using switchpro widget since I got the nexus in Dec. it stopped working when I got Jellybean or IOS6 but now that I unlocked and rooted, it looks as if it may be working...

I hear ya. Current AOKP JB Rom is as solid as it gets. I'm sure their 4.2 version will be out in no time. Prior to using the built in tether, I tried various apps. None of them worked as well. Hopefully you'll luck out and find something stable.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

update for you:

I've had my iPad 2 tethered to my GN for two days so far... no issues.

Now the experiment is done, I'm putting the iPad 2 back to the bottom of the
drawer where it belongs. I still prefer using my Android phones(GN and S3)
and tablets(Galaxy 2 7.0 and HP Touchapd running Android ICS) :D

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
update for you:

I've had my iPad 2 tethered to my GN for two days so far... no issues.

Now the experiment is done, I'm putting the iPad 2 back to the bottom of the
drawer where it belongs. I still prefer using my Android phones(GN and S3)
and tablets(Galaxy 2 7.0 and HP Touchapd running Android ICS) :D
Lol...did u update ur Ipad to IOS6...? if so what tethering app are u using? what I'm trying to figure out is whether or not the problem is IOS6 or JellyBean...thanks for testing it... in the meantime why do u get some money for that Ipad...just a suggestion...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000