Vzw Galaxy Nexus vs Moto Razr Maxx

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I know, I know, do your research before you post. Been there, done that; I'm just looking for input from anyone who is willing to weigh in on this decision between two "last-year's-tech" phones.
I have an upgrade and razr maxx is 70, gnex is 30 . . . leaning toward maxx because of battery, but does anybody here think the Gnex has something to trump the battery?

Go! . . . thank you :)

edit: Also, if you have the seidio extended battery are you getting thru the day and does it fit under the oem batt cover. Thanks.

kberube911

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had both and prefer the nexus. I feel the camera is better, and the overall flow of the device. but the big thing to consider is what is most important to you: battery life or ability to root and change roms. the rom options are endless with the nexus. that was more important to me than battery life. I have a charger in the car and at my desk at work. it is never an issue.

both are very good. but again it comes down to rooting and battery life as the two big decisions.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
My daughter has a RAZR MAXX and I have the GNex. I cannot stand her phone. It feels like crap in the hand compared to the GNex and the screen is horrible.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
After using the android os for a year or two, I realize what makes a phone enjoyable is software. Been on froyo, most of the 2.3.* of gingerbread and on the various iterations of ics and now jb, its all about the software. If you are anywhere into custom roms and kernels the nexus is absolute king. The tweaks and customizations the 3rd party developers can cook up is amazing, all the while being rock solid. Plus an unskinned aosp version of android is definitely better than blur/touch/sense nonsense. 4.2 roms are slowing coming out for the gnex. I believe the only other phone with that is the N4. Cutting edge software on the year old phone is not too shabby. Fahgheddabout 4.2 on a maxx or most any phone till wayyy later.

The moto probably has great batt life but their long history of not being hack friendly makes me not buy their products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois