Galaxy nexus will not start up

emdee81

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experienced start up issues with their Galaxy Nexus. Lately, ever time I restart the phone, it freezes on the Google screen. I end up having to take the battery out and start up again. I usually have to repeat the process a few times.... it sucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced start up issues with their Galaxy Nexus. Lately, ever time I restart the phone, it freezes on the Google screen. I end up having to take the battery out and start up again. I usually have to repeat the process a few times.... it sucks.

You rooted?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Download any crazy apps recently?

emdee81

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted, but I have thought about trying it.... and no, I haven't downloaded anything crazy that I can think of.

JET4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy Nexus. The first couple of times I would have to pull the battery one or two times, The last time I had to pull the battery about 6 times before it would come back on. I have not turned it off any more as I was scared it would not come back on. I'm not rooted or installed and app lately.

arbiel

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my non-rooted, Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

When I attempt to power on after switching batteries, there is a 60-70% chance that I will get stuck on the screen that just says "Google", requiring me to take out the battery and try again. If the startup process makes it to the screen with the Nexus logo (four-colored X), everything proceeds normally.

This has been happening to me for several months, at least as far back as September. My phone did not always have this problem.

I have one standard battery and one extended battery, and this problem happens whenever I am switch from one to another (doesn't matter from which to which). I am not suggesting it has to do with the different battery capacities - just providing more info. I don't know whether powering off, removing, and then replacing the same battery would cause the problem too, because I normally switch batteries only when the existing one completely dies.

The only other piece of information I have is that the chance of freezing seems to go down if I wait 5-10 minutes before powering back on after putting in the new battery. I say "seems to" because I don't have any real data to back this up - it might just be in my head, seeing a pattern that isn't really there as a result of frustration from having to keep trying to power up over and over.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with mine. I found out I can restart the phone by holding down the power button and both volume buttons at the same time. Still a pain, but slightly less annoying than a battery pull.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This has been happening to me but only once in a while. Started after update to jellybean. I just let the phone sit and eventually it will move to the next step showing the different colored x's.

Sometimes it will move right past the google display and then freeze on the x's. I wait.... It eventually it starts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae