Strangely good battery life (JB 4.1.1)?

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone maybe a week ago and I was dreading the reputation for poor battery life. I turned off NFC (which I never use anyway) and keep GPS toggled off most of the time (even though I don't think it turns on unless an app needs to use it). I adjust brightness depending on light conditions. I'm on LTE but I'm on WiFi a lot (except in the car). No live wallpaper. With moderate use (Google Now, checking traffic on my way home, listening to some Pandora, moderate texting, checking email and stuff) I'm going on 15 hours with 31% left which is more than enough for me.

Maybe my expectations just aren't that high coming from a Thunderbolt?

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
that is pretty good. i doubt i could pull that off. 30 minutes of pandora on my ride home is about 8% of my battery alone.

thankfully battery is no concern to me right now as i sit next to a charger for 8+ hours a day.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've never complained about the battery, had it since launch, and I regularly get the use you do. There's so many variables to take into account though. Radios (more so if you have a good signal) and screeen on are the killers. I run lots of custom/rom kernel combos and I've definitely noticed crazy good and pretty horrible life among differnet kernels with all other settlings the same. So thats where you should focus if battery is a priority for you. I've seen a few people post shots of 20+ hrs with 3+hrs of screen-on time. I only really tried to see how long I got one time, on one rom/kernel combo, and it was about 16hrs with 2+hrs of screen-on time. Like turdbogls, I rarely find myself too far from a charger of some sort (and I travel often). I have an extended battery I bought and used for camping etc trips and two oem batteries I bought only because I'm a sucker for a deal (2 oem and charger for $12 shipped). I never use them. Just use the battery it came with and charge it overnight.

dobri002

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got a replacement through asurion (screen cracked in original), I flashed CM10 and I've been getting 8-10 hours with moderate to heavy use. My original was lucky to hit 7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I've never complained about the battery, had it since launch, and I regularly get the use you do. There's so many variables to take into account though. Radios (more so if you have a good signal) and screeen on are the killers. I run lots of custom/rom kernel combos and I've definitely noticed crazy good and pretty horrible life among differnet kernels with all other settlings the same. So thats where you should focus if battery is a priority for you. I've seen a few people post shots of 20+ hrs with 3+hrs of screen-on time. I only really tried to see how long I got one time, on one rom/kernel combo, and it was about 16hrs with 2+hrs of screen-on time. Like turdbogls, I rarely find myself too far from a charger of some sort (and I travel often). I have an extended battery I bought and used for camping etc trips and two oem batteries I bought only because I'm a sucker for a deal (2 oem and charger for $12 shipped). I never use them. Just use the battery it came with and charge it overnight.

Where on Earth did you find 2 OEM batteries with a charger for $12 including shipping?!

dherres

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
How am I getting only five hours of battery?? Screen on 67% and running cyanogenmod 10. I never use gps or that Google Card thing that I've read can run the battery down.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My screen is hardly as high as 67%.. I would say normally 20% or so, I use automatic brightness.. At night I manually turn down to 1% when in bed with the lights off.. I still manage to lose about a percent every 80 seconds..

dherres

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My screen is hardly as high as 67%.. I would say normally 20% or so, I use automatic brightness.. At night I manually turn down to 1% when in bed with the lights off.. I still manage to lose about a percent every 80 seconds..

Sorry, I meant my screen time is 67%. The brightness is rarely above 25%.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante