Jelly Bean 4.2 update

flinjager123

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If this update started rolling out almost 2 weeks ago, why haven't I gotten an update yet? There's people with this same phone that have 4.2, but I'm stuck with 4.1.1 any ideas?

estods3

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
They have a ROM on their device. Where as you and me are waiting patiently for the stock update from Verizon. We will be waiting for a while. Maybe a few months

sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running 4.1.1

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Google just released AOSP 4.2.1...

If you're waiting for OTA updates on Verizon, expect about a 2 month wait after the GSM nexi get it. Just the cost of being on Verizon's network. If you care to be amongst the first to get new software (amoungst plenty of other advantages imo), unlock/root. Devs update their roms within a few days of AOSP release. Just remember, even on a Verizon Nexus, you will get the newest OTA software updates well before most other phones (pretty much all expect newer Nexi) and continue to get them for much longer as well. Reasonalbe trade off for the only LTE nexus imo.

xFORTRESSx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
A perk to having to wait for the OTA update to come through all the bugs should be worked out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
A perk to having to wait for the OTA update to come through all the bugs should be worked out.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I have yet to be dissatisfied with a Verizon OTA on this phone. Some people acted like I was nuts for waiting, but I still had every update before any non-nexus phone got an OTA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol