Random "SIM card removed" issues

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This had happened a couple of times in the last month but 5x or more since yesterday. It happens for no apparent reason and forces a reboot which does not reestablish a data connection. The phone then needs a second reboot to work properly.

I'm guessing this is simply a case of getting a new SIM but this is a rooted phone. Would I really need to relock it before taking it to the store? The year warranty expires in a couple of weeks but is this even part of that?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced one of these in ages, but IIRC just hit the back button and continue on, don't hit ok. That said, did you clean or dirty flash your current rom? Which rom? Either way, start with simply dirty flashing your current rom/gapps package. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, flash rom/flash gapps, reboot. If it persits I'd clean flash a new rom. Also, did you bother pulling the battery and sim (leave out ~90secs)? Couldn't hurt, at the very list it'll ensure you "PRL" (preferred roaming list) is up to date. That's how it's done on LTE devices. I've seen recommendations to do it occasionally.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's stock android via the latest OTA. Backing out of the prompt works but there's no data connection and rebooting is necessary anyway.

I had pulled the card before but only for 30 sec so I'm trying it again.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It's stock android via the latest OTA. Backing out of the prompt works but there's no data connection and rebooting is necessary anyway.

I had pulled the card before but only for 30 sec so I'm trying it again.

Let us know how it goes. Also, personally I would unroot/relock my device to get a new sim card. Only if I was returning it for warranty etc.

mark425

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
This also happed to me, 3 times so far. I contacted Verizon and they sent out a new sim card. Works fine now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's starting again.

Other issues: screen not registering initial touches and Swype ignoring the personal dictionary.

AndroidSF09

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi STC09,

Sorry to re-start a dead thread, but I'm having the same trouble and it likewise started happening a few times a day yesterday vs. once in a blue moon previously. Were you able to resolve your issue or did you end up needing to get the SIM card replaced?

Thanks!

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's cropped up a couple of times since but pulling the card for a minute takes care of it until the next time.

Steve Innes

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
this issue is happening all over e nothing but a headache. :mad: My carrier is Singtel and they have no resolution for the problem

Last edited:

jabailo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me today on my LG F3.

Background was that I removed the cover and battery and lightly sprayed some keyboard cleaner to remove the grime that had built up around the edge.

After drying and reassembling, that message would come on after restarting.

Multiple reboots did not fix, and removing battery again did not fix.

Also pushing card half way out and reseating did not work.

Finally, I took the card all the way out and noticed that it was grimy on the contacts side. Some of the cleaner might have gotten in there and dissolved the grimey bits and caused it not to connect.

I used compressed air on it and and on the mounting slot on the phone. And I used very minimal cleaner and a soft cloth to clean the mess off the card. Then I reinserted the SIM card firmly, added the battery and restarted.

So far, no more SIM card messages.

medupedia

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I got the same issue, after doing cache cleaning (i.e settings>General>Storage & USB>Cached Data) and forced disabled "Lookout" security app. i have restarted my phone.
It worked for me.
Hope it helps everyone.:-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22