No longer for sale on verizonwireless.com

bafrench

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but apparently Verizon no longer sells the gnex. Anybody know what this means for OTA updates from here on out?

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but apparently Verizon no longer sells the gnex. Anybody know what this means for OTA updates from here on out?

Galaxy Nexus is now my spare phone... based on past history, I think Verizon will probably stop pushing out OTA updates pretty soon.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it will stop updates. Anyhow, with the amount of rooted users, we'll always have the latest and greatest platform.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy Nexus is plugged into the wall on the opposite side of the room as a hotspot. I haven't touched it in almost a week. At this point I'm calling it an "uptime test."

Primary is two Nexus 4's on a T-Mobile monthly unlimited line.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has placed the GNex and Galaxy S3 on the End-of-Life list. Basically they are dead as far as Verizon is concerned. Say what you want about Sprint, but they pushed the 4.2 update OTA today.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/01/25/r-i-p-galaxy-nexus-lte-device-no-longer-available-from-verizon/

If everyone recalls.. The last update or two followed shortly after the Sprint Gnex got theirs, so that should be good news for you guys waiting. Given that fact and how long it's been in the approval process I would say the Verizon Gnex should be updated shortly.
:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2